Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chroma Camera..anyone have one.?

Chroma Camera..anyone have one.?

Just curious about this camera and whether it lived up to your expectations.....

Re: Chroma Camera..anyone have one.?

Haven't received mine yet.
    According to Steve at Chroma, it should ship in August or early September.

So what is innovative or particularly helpful with the 'Chroma Camera'?

Many parts of colorful acrylic. Lens board retainer and back secured by magnets. Reversible back. International back without focusing panel, snap in (those magnets) replacement for spring back, which also snaps in and has the GG. Not too expensive. 1.6 kg. What more could you want?

I’ve seen him apply those magnets to a prototype wet plate holder. They make for a really slick design which almost makes me want to try wet plate just to use it.

Steve left his day job and is now doing Chroma Camera full time. He’s basically focused almost 100% on getting the kickstarter cameras out and has his entire family helping him finish them. I definitely think he underestimated the interest (who wouldn’t have?), but my impression is that he is committed to delivering all the pledged cameras as fast as he can. .

Peter, I think I have mentioned this: Chroma Camera is teaming up with me to help design and produce new dry plate holders. He’s been working with me in his spare time late at night, since the majority of his day is spent assembling cameras. Just from working with him on the holder project — let alone his own cameras, Steve seems a sharp designer... has good and innovative ideas to apply to photographic gear.

Cheers,
    Jason
    Newly made large format dry plates available! Look:
    https://www.pictoriographica.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
    Many parts of colorful acrylic. Lens board retainer and back secured by magnets. Reversible back. International back without focusing panel, snap in (those magnets) replacement for spring back, which also snaps in and has the GG. Not too expensive. 1.6 kg. What more could you want?
    I love the look of wooden cameras, but the amount of handwork involved in building them makes the price too high for me. The Chroma sells for about $300, with a lens board and a pinhole lens.
    I like that he's using an innovative material that is more precise and maybe more durable than wood (the camera is entirely weatherproof and very light.)
    I like the fact that it has very positive snaps at the center positions of the front and rear standards, something that other cameras lack.
    Living in Michigan, I am not at all concerned about low-humidity static electricity.
    Finally, I really like the brightly colored ones, especially the red-with-black-bellows. People have actually ordered them, and I think it's great that they had the option. Personally, I'm pretty boring, so I ordered matte black, which apparently is the most popular color.

Don't have one, but last time we posted about this very colorful camera some here rejected it as too weird or something.

http://chroma.camera/
    Tin Can

I am pissed it was never listed here as a Kick Starter.

Maybe old fuddy duddies like me are not the target buyer.

I will buy one when available.

I want a Red one.
    Tin Can

Chroma Camera..anyone have one.?

Mine is purple! Waiting still though.....

Just looked at the userguide. Interesting...but I think there could be some issues with the magnets. Thoughts?