Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Strange Dark line in Negative

Re: Strange Dark line in Negative

Quote Originally Posted by Deepak Kumar View Post
    Sorry for late reply, I have concluded that it was film handling issue as with the same set up next batch of dozens of negative have
    come relatively very clean with only few negative having one or two small scratches.
    By you or the lab? Just because a lab has handled well in the past doesn’t mean they don’t have a new guy in there who is untrained or uncaring.

For me personally damage and artifacts are usually my fault.
    --- Steve from Missouri ---

Eric Woodbury

TMX is very sensitive to light (good) and consequently, mechanical damage (not so good). I went round and round with Kodak about this when TMX first came out. Kodak analyzed my film and negs. I'm pretty careful with film handling, but Kodak basically said I was 'heavy handed' with the film. I guess I was. Can't challenge the great yellow father. TMX you can't bend, flex, touch, or smile at without some exposure. I abandoned using the film long ago for this reason. But it is this high sensitivity that gives it the long toe and negligible reciprocity failure.

Quote Originally Posted by scheinfluger_77 View Post
    That look says to me: “Don’t give me none of your yankee, hippie sass”. I like it.
    She hasn't changed much all these years later.

How are you storing the film after you shoot it? How do you ship it? I was storing my exposed film in the film box, but they moved around on each other and caused scratches. They all appeared clear on the D100 and Tmax100. I stopped doing that. The black looks line dirty chemicals or contaminated developer. Given their randomness in shape and size and the fact they are dense I lean towards dirty and or contaminated chemicals.

I've been having this issue lately with my film. Assuming the problem lies with scratching the negative before development, how would you suggest handling them to minimize this issue? I tend to reload using a film changing bag since I don't have a darkroom of my own... might it be a good idea to invest in one of those film changing tents so that the film doesn't come in contact with the bag while loading?