Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bergger releasing new film soon

Re: Bergger releasing new film soon

Quote Originally Posted by bob carnie View Post
    I think I know as I have been in contact with them .. I suspect it is a film that is sensitive to laser exposure ... I would use this in my Lambda to make film for Alternative Printers.
    Bob,

Would this be a replacement, or alternative (haha) to using something like Pictorico ? What advantages would there be if this was the case ?

tia
    fred
    notch codes ? I only use one film...

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Can View Post
    Aren't Lambdas very rare?

If Laser sensitive, perhaps the new film is a sign of new Laser printers...
    There are over 300 Lambdas on service contracts world wide... if I am correct very few other than me will go down this road , but I suspect the film has other applications if indeed I am correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim V View Post
    Interesting. Would that suggest then a low sensitivity film like ISO 25? No idea how powerful the lasers are, but assume because paper is slow then this film would be too.
    Hi Tim.. If I am correct I believe so .. my Lambda has seen Ilford ortho 25 go through it, Rollie 25 and of course Agfa Classic paper and Ilford Galerie paper.... I hope I am right.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred L View Post
    Bob,

Would this be a replacement, or alternative (haha) to using something like Pictorico ? What advantages would there be if this was the case ?

tia
    fred
    Hi Fred

Exactly... The advantages would be a few.... currently I use Ortho 25 .. the film is real silver film and has the exact same properties as you would expect from silver processed in large trays.. the longevity of this would be the key ..
    Also the 400 ppi resolution combined with the extended range of silver tonality and of course the blocking power of real film would give workers to make digital contacts on any silver paper without any worry about degradation.

I have done thousands of inkjet neg's and hundreds of silver negs.... the inkjet neg breaks down over time and also transfers off the emulsion very easy and if you stack three films on top of each other over time you can see the other neg's transformed into each other. The UV light burns through this but it is discerning to see this while one is working on recently processed inkjet film.

The disadvantage currently is the cost of material so I have to charge a lot more for my separations... Also it requires an artist to send there separations to me to develop out.

Currently the people who are using my silver film do so because they want to print on Silver... think Lodima or contact with bare bulb .. These people are not well versed in enlargers and
    of course do not have large darkrooms like many here.
    These people are new generation and in most cases have never used a film camera but really enjoy the fact of making a hand print aided by the technology they are familiar with.. PS
    Also a lot of them have learned alternative photography in school and are practicing it.

think about all the wet plate photographers out there who have never used an enlarger.

But I think the real key is over a long period of time a working artist can buy film when they can from me and be confident it will last a century into the future.

Perhaps archival data, such as banking, name rank and serial #, land Deeds

Maybe Libre coin...

We are always one EMP away from the cave life.

There are over 300 Lambdas on service contracts world wide... if I am correct very few other than me will go down this road , but I suspect the film has other applications if indeed I am correct.
    Tin Can

Aren't Lambdas very rare?

If Laser sensitive, perhaps the new film is a sign of new Laser printers...
    THAT would be awesome - if it was at a price reasonable enough for single users to buy. Imagine the proliferation of hybrid processes - but in the reverse direction to what we think of now.

Probably a pipe-dream.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

I’d buy such a film it was panchromatic and “normal” contrast (or there abouts,) both in sheets and 120 roll film.

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    THAT would be awesome - if it was at a price reasonable enough for single users to buy. Imagine the proliferation of hybrid processes - but in the reverse direction to what we think of now.

Probably a pipe-dream.
    Currently there is a digital Pt Pd printing system that Salto Lab and a Japanese company are using... I have heard the prints are quite good.

Way over my pay grade https://saltolab.com/

Currently there is a digital Pt Pd printing system that Salto Lab and a Japanese company are using... I have heard the prints are quite good.
    Tin Can

Way over my pay grade https://saltolab.com/
    Yes but this simple device will lead to other improvements and eventually a reduction in price... I purchased my Lambda for the price of a Home, now one could buy one for under 30k .

I have always felt that a flat bed printing system using multiple passes will be the way of the future, I doubt I will ever be able to buy the unit that meets my expectations that is why I am investing in large rolls of silver film and exposing on my Durst 76.
    I now have the coating and process capabilities to do large prints and small prints and I will hand make my prints... but I must say Salto is onto the right direction.