Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bergger releasing new film soon

Bergger releasing new film soon

I see via Bergger's Instagram feed that they are about to release a new film, by the sounds of it a re-release of a past formulation.

From their Instagram:

Link

"We are very proud to tell you a little bit of a secret ... For months, we have been working on a new product ... New product ? Well, to be honnest, not completely new... We have in our cookbook, a recipe of a very special film that we are pretty sure you'll love ... Stay tuned, we will tell you more very soon

#bergger #backtothefuture #makeanaloggreatagain #newproduct #analogue #film #newfilm #staytuned"

I wonder what this film formulation could be, but maybe Fortepan 100 or 200? Any ideas?

Re: Bergger releasing new film soon

I still have a partial box of BPF200 that I bought back in 2005. Not sure what I am saving it for , but it was a nice emulsion and was often recommended to be developed in Pyrocat HD. I am not thrilled with the Panchro 400 produced lately and a 200 speed film isn't going to replace FP4+ for me. Now if they come out with a very slow film ISO25 that might turn some heads.
    The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
    http://www.searing.photography

Quote Originally Posted by Tim V View Post
    I see via Bergger's Instagram feed that they are about to release a new film, by the sounds of it a re-release of a past formulation.

From their Instagram:

Link

"We are very proud to tell you a little bit of a secret ... For months, we have been working on a new product ... New product ? Well, to be honnest, not completely new... We have in our cookbook, a recipe of a very special film that we are pretty sure you'll love ... Stay tuned, we will tell you more very soon

#bergger #backtothefuture #makeanaloggreatagain #newproduct #analogue #film #newfilm #staytuned"

I wonder what this film formulation could be, but maybe Fortepan 100 or 200? Any ideas?
    If that’s all that they are saying why would anyone here know any more?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon View Post
    Why would anyone who doesn't know any more hesitate to post something anyway?

I think I know as I have been in contact with them .. I suspect it is a film that is sensitive to laser exposure ... I would use this in my Lambda to make film for Alternative Printers.

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

I’m always intrigued by a new film, especially after having reasonably good experience with past Berger products... but hate this kind of tease marketing and just wont play the game. Yes, I’m a curmudgeon and just not much fun at times.

Now tease marketing from Taylor Swift gets me going...

Aren't Lambdas very rare?

If Laser sensitive, perhaps the new film is a sign of new Laser printers...

Quote Originally Posted by bob carnie View Post
    I think I know as I have been in contact with them .. I suspect it is a film that is sensitive to laser exposure ... I would use this in my Lambda to make film for Alternative Printers.
    Tin Can

Thanks for your insightful input, Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon View Post

Interesting. Would that suggest then a low sensitivity film like ISO 25? No idea how powerful the lasers are, but assume because paper is slow then this film would be too.

Quote Originally Posted by bob carnie View Post

It's an old enough formula to be noodle washed - which was done away with many decades ago by most of the manufacturers in favour of various forms of coagulation or ultrafiltration washing. I've always wondered if Guilleminot made camera film in the post WW2 era or concentrated on papers & industrial/ technical/ medical films. I can find references to a slow ortho film called 'Helioguil' which seems to have been intended for making the continuous tone film positives for photogravure (aka 'heliogravure'). Also found references to 'Autoguil' - apparently a direct positive film, 'LL10' - a line film of some sort, 'Collodium' - going by the name & description, probably a strippable graphic arts film, and 'Minograph' - seemingly another halftone graphic arts film, but with a matte finish that accepts pencil etc. I imagine someone like Dan Fromm will likely know more about Guilleminot's past products than my digging around with my vague knowledge of French.