Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New FLM Series II Tripods

Re: New FLM Series II Tripods

When does pre order end?
    Tin Can

Pre-order will likely end around Feb 20, and by then, the stores will be offering the tripods on special from Feb 20 to March 2.
    Store specials should be roughly the same as the pre-sale prices.
    Thanks, Randy.

Ari, It seems lots of tripods have a max height around 60 inches. Could an 8 or 12 inch carbon tube extension be screwed into the feet threads that would be stable for those of us that want just a little more height?
    The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
    http://www.searing.photography

Hey Eric,
    Actually, all tripods ending in "L4" reach 68 inches, the others vary in maximum height from 53" to 60".
    CP30-L4, CP34-L4 and CP38-L4 are all 68" tall. Most customers I've spoken to, who are 6' and over, find these tripods to be very comfortable to use; add a head and QR clamp, and you'd be at 72".
    If you need a taller tripod, we do make a 5-section CP34 and CP38 that reaches 73", but that's special order and will take extra time to get.
    Alternatively, the CP34 and CP38 tripods will soon have a center post available, hopefully by late spring 2020.
    Thanks for the question, let me know if you need more information.

No centre post yet, but we did introduce 2 new tripods, and a third is coming soon.

• CP26-Travel II - a revised version of our successful travel tripod; this one reaches 53" in height, collapses to 20", and has no center post.
    • CP30-M5 II Hybrid - my new favourite tripod; it reaches 60 inches high, collapses to 18 inches, uses 30mm tubes and is good for traveling with heavier cameras, like a Mamiya RZ67 or a 4x5 field camera.
      A good balance between portability/compactness and strength/sturdiness.

Coming later this month is the smallest tripod of the bunch, the CP22-S4 II.
    It is a thin-tube tripod, capable of morphing into a monopod, tabletop tripod, mini tripod, walking pole, grapple stick and more.
    MSRP on that will be ~$300.00

Let me know if you have any questions.

Just letting everyone know, if you were considering an FLM tripod, they're on sale at the moment: 15% off through B&H and Adorama.
    Ball heads are at 10% off.

This sale runs until September 25, but will resume a couple of times over the fall, ending for good in the new year.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Ari View Post
    Just letting everyone know, if you were considering an FLM tripod, they're on sale at the moment: 15% off through B&H and Adorama.
    Ball heads are at 10% off.

This sale runs until September 25, but will resume a couple of times over the fall, ending for good in the new year.
    Thanks!
    Thanks to the sale I finally pulled the trigger on the CP34 L4II. Its only a pound and a half more than the travel tripod I had been using but feels so much more durable and stable, and is really, really tall. I have only used it on one outing but like it so far. One minor issue - When you carry the camera on the tripod and leave the legs extended, they tend to cross. Needs a zero position lock or a barrier near the angle lock.
    The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
    http://www.searing.photography

Hi Eric,
    Thank you for the sterling recommendation and for your suggestion as well.
    You can tighten the two screws on either side of the "knuckle" and adjust the tightness to your taste.
    Before doing that, though, see if the legs are as loose when one or two leg sections is retracted. If yes, then adjust.
    If not, then you should leave it as it is, as it's been properly adjusted at the factory.
    Thanks again, and enjoy your new tripod!

Hey everyone,

I wanted to let you know about our last sale of the year, happening now until January 4.

FLM tripods are at 15% off, ball heads, clamps and plates are at 10% off. B&H, Adorama, FLM USA and FLM Canada are the participating retailers.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me here or through the FLM Canada website.

Thanks!

I recently bought a couple RRS ball heads. I looked at the MODERN Manfrotto and Gitzo stuff and was shocked at what kind of junk is being sold. I picked up some vintage, mid 90's NOS Black anodized aluminum Manfrotto legs, not anything high end carbon fiber.

I will give a look at your products.
    Best Regards Mike