Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New FLM Series II Tripods

Re: New FLM Series II Tripods

Mike, good to hear from you. I welcome any and all inquiries and questions.

Hello, I am trying to revive this older thread. I am searching for a tripod which would be more suitable for large format than my current (old) Manfrotto 055PROB+488RC4. While the Manfrotto is so-so okayish with my lightweight wooden 5x7 camera togehter with short to tele lenses (my maximum is Tele-Xenar 360 5.5), it is quite wobbly with Burke&James Commercial 5x7. Maybe in the future I will want to try some lightweight 8x10 with a standard lens, Intrepid or similar weight. I am 175 cm tall(=should be nearly 5′9″). Usage planned is in the field/studio 80/20. Landscape/portrait. I am looking at FLM CP34-L4 II in combination with the leveling base HB-75 + QLB-80 plate. What I plan to gain against the Manfrotto mentioned is better stability and lower weight. I do not plan to use any ballhead for LF anymore. Can you recommend this solution? I would purchase it in the FLM Europe e-shop. I can see, there is now the L version available for Europe too...

Dobry den,
    Your proposed set up is an excellent choice. If shooting 8x10, I would not go any lighter or smaller than the CP34 tripod.
    As such, depending on your eventual 8x10 camera, you might want to consider the CP38-L4 II, with either the HB-100 or the HB-75 with the 75-100 adapter.
    You'll find the L4 quite tall for view camera use, but tat's better than too short.
    If Europe sells a CP34-M4 or CP34-S4, it would be worth considering if this tripod will be used mainly with view cameras.
    Good luck!

Thank you for super quick reply! I would consider the medium and small version too. The long version would bring some benefits when used on the slope in the field. As I can see in the German FLM e-shop, the L version is available too.. https://shop.flm-gmbh.de/stative/ser...p-34-l4-ii.php
    Or am I missing something?

edit: I read you post wrong. The availability of the M or L version in Europe is clear. I will check both and decide. Thank you for your help!
    Last edited by notorius; 28-Nov-2023 at 07:03. Reason: misread the response

It looks like Germany offers the M4 and L4, medium and long, respectively.
    The S4 is available in North America: https://flmcanada.com/product/flm-cp34-s4-ii-tripod/
    You can check with Germany if they can get you the S4.
    It's shorter but that would be a better height for view camera use, and faster to set up since you'd probably just extend the legs fully all the time.
    It can be packed in a carry-on, and because of the shorter tube lengths, it's a bit more stable than longer-tube versions.

I finally ended with the CP34-M4 II + HB-75 and I am very happy with those so far. For view cameras I do not need to use the last section, it is just ok for my height. I it is a joy to use in comparison with my old MA055PROB.

Quote Originally Posted by notorius View Post
    I finally ended with the CP34-M4 II + HB-75 and I am very happy with those so far. For view cameras I do not need to use the last section, it is just ok for my height. I it is a joy to use in comparison with my old MA055PROB.
    Great to hear!
    Thanks for posting.