Thread: My new 5x7 camera

My new 5x7 camera

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181126 OTS_Old Cam pics-3.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	34.6 KB 
ID:	193277

So this is my Agfa Ansco 5X7 camera, which I am trying to put together.

I have 2 Petvzal Lenses and 1 Schnider 210mm - all of them without a lens board (which is 5.25"X5.25")
    Initially, i got it to start in wetplate photography, but looking at it now, I guess it's in very good shape to ruin it and maybe I will build my own at some point.
    My challenge here is the lack of raw material like chemicals so I will have to do it all from scratch.

I am looking for a 5X7 enlarger and reading about the BTZS (which I am struggling a bit with it to say the least)

Any support with any of the above is much appreciated
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20181126 OTS_Old Cam pics-1.jpg  

Re: My new 5x7 camera

I think the lensboards for the 5x7 Agfa-Ansco are similar to the 5.25" lensboards for the 5x7 wood Burke & James. They are not uncommon, and there are e-bay sellers who make them (don't know about international shipping). You could also make one yourself with two layers of plywood each about 1/8" thick. Get a few 5x7 film holders, some film and chemicals, a developing system of your choice (discuss in the developing section of the forum), a sheet of plexiglass, and make contact prints.

Excellent! Contacts from 5x7 negatives are pretty sweet! They'll keep you busy until you get set up with an enlarger. Fixer (Sodium thiosulfate) is a common chemical used to maintain swimming pools, if that helps.
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

This reply will cause a storm but here goes, rather then enlarge with an enlarger try scanning, used to do this when I was shooting 5x7.

No storm.

Do whatever you want.

My last two 5X7 were done 3 ways. Contact, enlarge and scan to print at Sam's Club.

The scanned prints go to people who will never know the difference. I give those away.

I can barely tell the difference, said my fading eyeballs...

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Stowell View Post
    This reply will cause a storm but here goes, rather then enlarge with an enlarger try scanning, used to do this when I was shooting 5x7.
    sin eater

I doubt the illustrated 2 Petzvals will cover even 4x5".