Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Trial with the new B's 4x5 Developing reel

Re: Trial with the new B's 4x5 Developing reel

Quote Originally Posted by Fred L View Post
    the lack of levelness concerns me...
    I would imagine it would be a simple fix to put something under the right hand side to level it out?
    Come and see what I have done up and until now at www.neilsphotography.co.uk

Huub

Quote Originally Posted by Pere Casals View Post
    yes... but still we would waste a lot of developer in that way.

Say that we use Xtol diluted 1:2, 6 sheets require 150ml stock, so 450ml of dilution, beyond that we are wasting developer.
    Here is where XTOL replenished comes into play. I wasn't satisfied with the results i got with my Jobo tanks and 2509n reels in rotation, so i took the plunge about 18 months ago. I use a 2.5 L storage bottle for the mature developer, which is filled to the brim and I replenish with 20 ml of stock for every 4x5 sheet i develop and the results are way above expections. Once the developer is matured, the 1+1 times are a good starting point for developing.

I’m now confused with this dilution talk. I’m currently using LC29 19/1.

Quote Originally Posted by ndwgolf View Post
    I would imagine it would be a simple fix to put something under the right hand side to level it out?
    that would be one work around. would be nice if they supplied same sized wheels as an option vs smaller ones. I would think tilting would also torque the wheels slightly, which may or may not make a difference to the unit in the long term. also wonder if there's a lip or such protrusion by the power jack, to prevent water from entering the guts of the base.
    notch codes ? I only use one film...

Works better on here I will explain later

Quote Originally Posted by ndwgolf View Post
    Works better on here I will explain later
    So for me the B’s reel for 4x5 is fantastic. After my second time of loading it it took longer getting the film out of the holders than it did putting 6 sheets of 4x5 into the reel..
    As for the processing part I ended up using my Beseller motor base with the Patterson 3 reel tank and it worked perfectly. I was able to switch direction every 60 seconds and looking at the negatives after the final wash all 6 looked good. I will scan them tomorrow as it’s nearly beer o clock so I would rather wait and do the scanning sober.
    The B’s processing machine would work great with the 120 or 135 stuff but I think the besseller will be better for LF
    Pictures to follow
    Neil

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good to hear you are finding solutions.

I am interested in your further success.
    Tin Can

Has anyone had issues with scratches on the negatives using B’s? I’ve used it twice and both times all the neg’s had scratches on the back side (not the emulsion side), and I’m wondering if it’s from the B’s. I also use a Pat 3 but manual development (full) with PMK. Film was FP4+. Never had this issue before with the SP-445 and I’ve run hundreds through it. Now I tried b’s and got this issue.

This has really pissed me off now. I used to get the same BS bubbles when I used the Taco method to develop B%W film..........could it be the developer (LC29) or what??

There is defiantly something going on with my developing process that is causing this bubbles and streaky lines. Time to go back to MF Digital I think