Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 53

Thread: Trial with the new B's 4x5 Developing reel

  1. #1
    ndwgolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Malaysia/Thailand
    Posts
    381

    Trial with the new B's 4x5 Developing reel

    Here is a test shot with my 4x5 Chamonix and 210 mm lens.
    I used the new B's Developing reel and put it on the B's Processor https://www.bounetphoto.com/bs-film-shop
    I used 500 ml of chemicals in the Paterson 3 reel tank (For normal processing it takes 980ml). My gut feeling is that 500ml is not enough as the top of the neg has not developed the same as the bottom, also the left hand side which is closest to the middle is also under developed ..................does that sound about right to you guys
    Neil


    Set up



    The loading of the real was fine I just think I need more chemicals as the tank is not 100% horizontal

    Neil
    Come and see what I have done up and until now at www.neilsphotography.co.uk

  2. #2
    Tin Can's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    12,208

    Re: Trial with the new B's 4x5 Developing reel

    Perhaps you need to do immediate inversions after pouring in chems.
    sin eater

  3. #3
    ndwgolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Malaysia/Thailand
    Posts
    381

    Re: Trial with the new B's 4x5 Developing reel

    Quote Originally Posted by Tin Can View Post
    Perhaps you need to do immediate inversions after pouring in chems.
    You mean for the first minute and if so still go with 500 ml.
    Neil
    Come and see what I have done up and until now at www.neilsphotography.co.uk

  4. #4
    Tin Can's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    12,208

    Re: Trial with the new B's 4x5 Developing reel

    I would try it both ways, with full tank and 500ml.

    See what develops.




    Quote Originally Posted by ndwgolf View Post
    You mean for the first minute and if so still go with 500 ml.
    Neil
    sin eater

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    4,117

    Re: Trial with the new B's 4x5 Developing reel

    Quote Originally Posted by ndwgolf View Post
    I just think I need more chemicals as the tank is not 100% horizontal
    It's the counter, you need to level your thank and then you'll waste less chemicals. Perhaps you may reverse (flip) the tank position.

  6. #6
    Tin Can's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    12,208

    Re: Trial with the new B's 4x5 Developing reel

    Pere, not possible to reverse the tank on that device.

    Watch the video.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pere Casals View Post
    It's the counter, you need to level your thank and then you'll waste less chemicals. Perhaps you may reverse (flip) the tank position.
    sin eater

  7. #7
    ndwgolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Malaysia/Thailand
    Posts
    381

    Re: Trial with the new B's 4x5 Developing reel

    Quote Originally Posted by Pere Casals View Post
    It's the counter, you need to level your thank and then you'll waste less chemicals. Perhaps you may reverse (flip) the tank position.
    Not possible
    Come and see what I have done up and until now at www.neilsphotography.co.uk

  8. #8
    ndwgolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Malaysia/Thailand
    Posts
    381

    Re: Trial with the new B's 4x5 Developing reel

    Iím away for a few days. When I get home I will try 600 ml and see if I can get full coverage
    Come and see what I have done up and until now at www.neilsphotography.co.uk

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    4,117

    Re: Trial with the new B's 4x5 Developing reel

    Quote Originally Posted by Tin Can View Post
    Pere, not possible to reverse the tank on that device.

    Watch the video.
    Randy, yes, you are right... I've just seen it...

    In this case I'd perhaps add a ring (or two) in the tank, something like this:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ring.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	19.2 KB 
ID:	193280

    or perhaps the device can be inclinated.

    IMHO the tank has to be operated horizontal, that inclination is unnacepable. To me this has to be fixed.

  10. #10
    Tin Can's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    12,208

    Re: Trial with the new B's 4x5 Developing reel

    Perhaps, tank inclination helps mixing inside.

    I would use more dilute developer and fill the tank almost full.. not 100% full.







    Quote Originally Posted by Pere Casals View Post
    Randy, yes, you are right... I've just seen it...

    In this case I'd perhaps add a ring (or two) in the tank, something like this:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ring.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	19.2 KB 
ID:	193280

    or perhaps the device can be inclinated.

    IMHO the tank has to be operated horizontal, that inclination is unnacepable. To me this has to be fixed.
    sin eater

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 155
    Last Post: 14-May-2019, 10:41
  2. Bís Developing Reel
    By patpatpat in forum Darkroom: Equipment
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 30-Dec-2018, 10:33

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •