Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Meter service at Quality Light Metric

Re: Meter service at Quality Light Metric

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Klein View Post
    Does he calibrate Minolta Autometer IIIF's? Cost?
    I'm pretty sure he does. He repaired and calibrated my Minolta Spotmeter F a couple of years ago. Call him.

Drew Wiley

He certainly does Minolta spot meters. I don't know his current rates, but in the past they ran about a hundred bucks. He's thorough, so the pricing is reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Wiley View Post
    He certainly does Minolta spot meters. I don't know his current rates, but in the past they ran about a hundred bucks. He's thorough, so the pricing is reasonable.
    I just looked up my records and it cost me $125 to repair and calibrate my Minolta Spotmeter F exactly 2 years ago. I dropped it off, but I think he shipped it back.

I was so glad he could and did calibrate my eBay-derived Weston Ranger 9 for currently available batteries that I have forgotten the charge.
    Peter Collins

On the intent of the First Amendment: The press was to serve the governed, not the governors --Opinion, Hugo Black, Judge, Supreme Court, 1971 re the "Pentagon Papers."

For Weston Master meter repair including cell replacement see: https://ian-partridge.com/westonrepair.html

I bought a Weston Master IV meter from Ian a couple of years ago. I already had a Weston V and Euromaster but kinda wanted the IV for its (to me) uber-cool calibrated-in-candles-per-square-foot dial.

George Milton did replace the cells in my V and Euromaster some years ago. They continue to soldier on.

David

Quote Originally Posted by DDrake View Post
    I have a Weston Master III with a dead cell, and a Gossen Lunasix that needs conversion to non-mercury battery. Both were thrift store finds—the Weston worked when I bought it—so I have almost no money invested in either. Any idea if it would be possible/worthwhile to have them serviced by QLM?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Noel View Post
    Call and ask.
    Just called--unfortunately, service isn't available for either. Too bad—the Weston in particular is a beautifully-made object. But new selenium cells are apparently no longer made.
    FWIW, he re-calibrated my Lunasix just 3 yrs ago and replaced the batteries with a pair of alkaline PX625A.

Quote Originally Posted by David Lindquist View Post
    For Weston Master meter repair including cell replacement see: https://ian-partridge.com/westonrepair.html

I bought a Weston Master IV meter from Ian a couple of years ago. I already had a Weston V and Euromaster but kinda wanted the IV for its (to me) uber-cool calibrated-in-candles-per-square-foot dial.

George Milton did replace the cells in my V and Euromaster some years ago. They continue to soldier on.

David
    Thanks for the link--unfortunately, it doesn't look like he repairs the Weston Master III, just IV and later. Guess it will have to remain a nice (non-working) display piece.
    David
    Comments and critique always welcome.

Oh dear, I see that now, I'm sorry to have gotten your hopes up.

Now if he could only replace the selenium reference cell in the SEI spot photometer...

David

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Bodine View Post
    I have a Weston Master III with a dead cell, and a Gossen Lunasix that needs conversion to non-mercury battery. Both were thrift store finds—the Weston worked when I bought it—so I have almost no money invested in either. Any idea if it would be possible/worthwhile to have them serviced by QLM?

FWIW, he re-calibrated my Lunasix just 3 yrs ago and replaced the batteries with a pair of alkaline PX625A.
    Oops. I misinformed him--didn't have the meter in front of me and thought it was a Gossen model with only one battery. Looks like I need to call back Monday--maybe there's hope for my Lunasix after all. Do you happen to remember about what it cost to service yours?
    David
    Comments and critique always welcome.

Oops. I misinformed him--didn't have the meter in front of me and thought it was a Gossen model with only one battery. Looks like I need to call back Monday--maybe there's hope for my Lunasix after all. Do you happen to remember about what it cost to service yours?
    $78 + $12 shipping = $90 (3/2/16). Adjusted to factory specs.