Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hi from the back woods of BC Canada

Re: Hi from the back woods of BC Canada

Hi Curtis Well I came across a Omega 4x5 enlarged with a turret and 3 quality lenses in excellent condition for $100 . I had given away all my darkroom stuff years ago and never thought I could get back into shooting and printing again but this was to good to be true so I bought it got my old 4x5 out of storage and now am starting to build a darkroom.I can not believe how prices have changed! Iwas l,ooking for 16X20 trays but seeing the price for the trays-paper and chemistry I think I will probably end up going for 11x14 prints.I am looking forward to my first prints,I have a 6x9 rollfilm back and to start I have taken a couple of rolls of400 and as soon as I find a developing tank and trays I will be on my way.I used to develop 4x5 in tanks but I was told there are ways to use a Patterson tank to do 4x5 That sounds interesting

Quote Originally Posted by DHodson View Post
    Hi Michael

I have a similar challenge getting chemicals here in Fort McMurray. Choices are limited but I've had good service from The Camera Store in Calgary.

https://www.thecamerastore.com/

Regards
    Dave
    Thanks I will check them out

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelGJ47 View Post
    Thanks I will check them out
    TCS is a great outfit! It's often worth the effort to call them, especially with regards to darkroom and film stock - they often have more in the store than the website lists.