Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Recommendations: Add-on pouch for spotmeter?

Recommendations: Add-on pouch for spotmeter?

The addition of a second lens for my 4x5 pushes my Pentax V (analog) meter out of the camera bag. Last year I posted some solutions for carrying the meter securely while photographing, but now I am looking for an inexpensive pouch, not overly bulky, that I can attach to my bag or its strap to carry the meter at other times. I am not going to invest in a holster; I've looked at prices and need something much further down the investment scale. I can pad the inside myself with some high-density foam sheeting I have. The meter is about 2.5 x 6.5 x 5 inches.

Anyone have a ready solution?
    Philip Ulanowsky

Sine scientia ars nihil est. (Without science/knowledge, art is nothing.)
    www.imagesinsilver.art
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/156933346@N07/

Re: Recommendations: Add-on pouch for spotmeter?

I use an Op/Tech belt pouch for my Pentax Digital spot meter. I bought it so long ago I can't remember the model number. Sorry. But, it's approx 2.75 x 7 x 5.5 inches. Since it's a bit large for my digital spot meter, I'm thinking it would fit your analog Pentax meter perfectly. Search B&H for this style of pouch and check specs for sizes.

I bought one of these (for a Minolta Spot Meter) several months back, and it works perfectly. They delivered very quickly, to boot.

https://www.filmtools.com/ligdep/lig...ter-pouch.html
    Best,
    Dennis

Search Harness pouches, Or if your pack has MOLLE straps there are a ton of those add on pockets. Or a point and shoot camera pouch with belt loops from big box store. I'd suggest a bigger pack if you are out of room with only 2 lenses.
    The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
    http://www.searing.photography

Go to an Army Surplus store---plenty of well built pouches cheap for compass, first aid kits, magazines etc... See what fits.
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Quote Originally Posted by Ulophot View Post
    The addition of a second lens for my 4x5 pushes my Pentax V (analog) meter out of the camera bag. Last year I posted some solutions for carrying the meter securely while photographing, but now I am looking for an inexpensive pouch, not overly bulky, that I can attach to my bag or its strap to carry the meter at other times. I am not going to invest in a holster; I've looked at prices and need something much further down the investment scale. I can pad the inside myself with some high-density foam sheeting I have. The meter is about 2.5 x 6.5 x 5 inches.

Anyone have a ready solution?
    Hi Philip:
    I have a "Pentax" soft case that came with my Pentax Spotmeter that I do not use.
    Nice condition. Has the padded red interior lining.
    $7.00 plus actual shipping cost.
    PM if you would be interested.
    Drew

Back in "the day" Zone VI Studios made a leather belt pouch for the Pentax spotmeters (both analog and digital). I have one for my digital Pentax and it's perfect for me. I keep a clear filter on the meter in lieu of the original lens cap which got lost years ago at Whitney Portal.
    Minimalist. Works very well, at least for me. YMMV.
    Watch Ebay as they seem to show up there with some frequency.

I just bought a slightly bigger version of this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...0?ie=UTF8&th=1
    I use mine to hold lenses on a Toyo field board. They are well-built and thickly padded.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Drew Wiley

Cordless drill holster

Drew, thank you for the offer. I have one of these and may use it, but I'm thinking of something with a bit more padding, just in case (no pun intended). I have started trial-padding a $5 zippered, unpadded pouch I found, unsing some closed-cell foam. It's a bit large. Still looking.
    Philip Ulanowsky

Sine scientia ars nihil est. (Without science/knowledge, art is nothing.)
    www.imagesinsilver.art
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/156933346@N07/