Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with stuck iris in Prontor Professional 1

Re: Help with stuck iris in Prontor Professional 1

I have this exact same problem with a G Claron 150mm in Prontor shutter - iris stuck open - I sent it to one repair person who sent it back to me untouched saying they didn't have the parts or knowledge. I ended up searching for and finding a nice copy of the same lens in a Copal 0 shutter and still have the one in the Prontor, but I am not certain how to proceed.

Quote Originally Posted by cp_photo View Post
    I have this exact same problem with a G Claron 150mm in Prontor shutter - iris stuck open - I sent it to one repair person who sent it back to me untouched saying they didn't have the parts or knowledge. I ended up searching for and finding a nice copy of the same lens in a Copal 0 shutter and still have the one in the Prontor, but I am not certain how to proceed.
    Did you try Bob Watkins?

Thank you all. I talked to one of the local repairmen, and he is going to take a look at it. He said he was familiar with Prontor Professional shutters. I should know more this week. If he does not work, I will send it to Precision Camera Works, who might hopefully be able to finish it before I leave the US. Fingers crossed.

Just as a resolution, the local repairman CLA'ed the shutter, and all appears to be working properly again. He said it was just in need of cleaning and lubrication. I am sorry for all the questions. Living in such a small place, I am so used to not being able to get specific services that I just took it for granted that no one here would be willing or able to fix it. I am glad that did not turn out to be the case. Now on to testing the lens!

Thank you for the good news, very glad to hear this.

David