Thread: Linhof boards on Technikardan 45s Centered or offset?

Linhof boards on Technikardan 45s Centered or offset?

Ok, I need someone to clear up the purpose of the centered VS offset holes in Linhof Technika type boards. I have a relatively new to me Technikardan 45s. Should I be using the centered hole or offset hole type boards on the Technikardan? Which one optically centers the lens with the front and rear standards set at the "zero" positions on the 45s ?

Thanks,
    Bibb in San Antonio

Re: Linhof boards on Technikardan 45s Centered or offset?

Linhof does not offer centered holes on any of their 0 or 1 boards and on 3 boards they only offer a centered hole on special order so certain plasmat 240 and 300mm lenses can be mounted as the regular hole position will not let these larger lenses latch closed on the TK.

In actuallity the offset hole centers the optical center of the lens on the center of the gg. So a hole in any other position would not allow the lens to be centered when all movements are at zero.

Thanks for the info Bob. My camera came with 4 Linhof boards and all have off center holes.

So I see “new” Linhof boards with #0 & #1 centered holes on eBay from a Chinese seller. Are these likely counterfeit? I really hate to support that sort of thing. Darn things look like the real deal right down to the Linhof crest and “made in Germany” on the back.
    Thanks,
    Bibb in San Antonio

Quote Originally Posted by bibbt View Post
    Thanks for the info Bob. My camera came with 4 Linhof boards and all have off center holes.

So I see “new” Linhof boards with #0 & #1 centered holes on eBay from a Chinese seller. Are these likely counterfeit? I really hate to support that sort of thing. Darn things look like the real deal right down to the Linhof crest and “made in Germany” on the back.
    Thanks,
    Bibb in San Antonio
    Linhof boards are all made in Munich. Anything else is a copy board. Since many other camera companies make cameras that accept a copy board you can not say that all copy boards are,counterfeit. For instance, Wista 45 cameras all use a Technika type board that they make. They do not stamp Linhof on the board and they do not apply a Linhof crest to it. So they are not counterfeit boards.

If a third party made boards with the Linhof name and a copy of their crest on them then they are counterfeit.

Yesterday I got 3 new Technika type lensboard cast as 'China', mailed from China. 1 of each Copal shutter size #1, 2, 3 delivered for $39. The box was crushed. No damage to the boards.

Not exactly as presented in their pics, which showed shiny contact pads like a Linhof board.

But the pads are there and all fit perfectly in my like new Sinar and Horseman adapter boards. Snug.

The adapters both shipped from Japan, from different sellers. Also recent deliveries.

One is Sinar 'Swiss Made', one Horseman 'Japan'. The castings differ, one chrome plated hardware, one black paint, the bolt patterns very different. Different factories and design. Both fit my Horseman camera and Sinar shutter perfectly.

I have a few crappy Technika type boards which are too thin at the pads and seem brittle. I may crack a few for testing. Later.

I just ordered 3 more lens boards from China.

IMG-2365 by TIN CAN COLLEGE, on Flickr

IMG-2366 by TIN CAN COLLEGE, on Flickr

IMG-2367 by TIN CAN COLLEGE, on Flickr

IMG-2368 by TIN CAN COLLEGE, on Flickr