Currently I am using an Epson V850 to scan all of my negatives from 35mm up to 8x10 including wet plates, and while I don't have any specific complaints about it, I always feel that the process takes quite a while and that I am never quite getting what I want out of the negatives. Im sure that some of this has to do with me simply needing more practice, comfortability with the scanner and software, etc, but I have recently been considering other options that may be faster/easier/better. This lead to me considering purchasing a copy stand and using my LED light panel I use as a Lightbox and my D800 to "scan" my images as RAW files and then edit the files in Lightroom, something that has been made even more potentially appealing by a review of NegativeLab Pro I just read.

I was curious as to what other peoples opinions on the matter are? Do you feel there are significant pros/cons to either? If I did make the switch, is there anything specific I should know or consider?

Just some other information that may be useful (or may not, I don't know). Currently I do not batch scan or batch process film scans, and do not "need" that capability, though it would probably be nice if it was easy to do. Most of my scans are usually made so that I have something digital to share on social media/forums/etc, but I do have/would like to keep the ability to make quality prints up to around 16x20 or possibly larger. Also I still shoot a lot of digital work, so RAW editing in LR/PS is actually a process I am more familiar/comfortable with than evaluating/processing scans with the epson/vuescan software.

Thoughts?