Thread: HP Scanjet 7400c Active Transparency Adapter

HP Scanjet 7400c Active Transparency Adapter

Greetings,
    I have a HP Scanjet 7400c with the HP Scanjet 7400c Active Transparency Adapter for 35 mm negatives, slides and transparencies up to 5 x 5 inches.
    Unfortunately the scanner has developed artifacts in anything I try to scan. I have cleaned the glass and other measures but the artifacts are still there.
    I am going to dispose of the scanner but the Active Transparency Adapter I would like to use as a small light table.
    Currently the transparency adapter plugs into the scanner in the back and I believe it draws its power from the scanner.

I would like to know if there is a straight forward way to power the adapter with the power adapter that powers the scanner or if there is a way to plug directly into a 110v wall receptacle?

Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions.

Gary
    "People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost." - H. Jackson Brown

Re: HP Scanjet 7400c Active Transparency Adapter

Have you try other adapter and glass ?
    Might be possible your adapter is creating issue.
    if you need outsource service from fiverr, personally i recommend you buy order from blog comment, it was awesome.