Thread: Fotopan F

Fotopan F

Hi all,

I got some outdated 10x15 sheets for my Bergheil.
    The question here is about the emulsion side (I feel noob asking about this), so far all the “modern” film sheets I have found have the notch codes at the upper-right corner, emulsion facing me, and the other aide being more shiny (emulsion side I have seen is matte).
    But in these film sheets, if I look at the emulsion side the notch code os at the upper-left corner.

Anyone can enlighten this little mystery please?
    Here it’s a photo taken with the camera, after the scan the image was horizontally reversed as it should be?? I flipped it to keep the image as it is the real image.

https://flic.kr/p/2gcBfwG

Thank you in advance,
    Alex

Re: Fotopan F

Morning Alex,

I have four 25 sheet boxes of Fotopan F in 6.5x9cm. I should shoot a few sheets and let you know
    Flikr Photos Here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/18134483@N04/

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”
    ― Mark Twain

Hi Dan,

Thank you, I'm waiting the answer from the seller as well, my first guess is notch codes on this film are at left side, if emulsion side is always matte which I think it's...

Touch the tip of your finger to your tongue, then a corner of the film. The stickier side is the emulsion side.
    Last edited by Jim Noel; 12-Jun-2019 at 12:06. Reason: mis-spelled word

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Noel View Post
    Touch the tip of your finger to your tongue, then a corner of the film. The stickier side is the emulsion side.
    Awesome tip Jim, thank you, I will try it tomorrow when I load new film.

Drew Wiley

You can always snip a corner with scissors in the dark, carefully set that little piece down on a surface same side up as when you took it out from the box, put the remaining part of the sheet back in, turn on the lights to see if the emulsion on that piece is up or down, then appropriately label the box.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Noel View Post
    I tried this and meanwhile I placed my hands inside the dark-bag my fingers were dry.

I did a couple of shots, emulsion side is the shiny side, notch codes as modern film sheet, up-right side.
    I know this because the marks left by the rubber bands using the "taco" developing method.

And of course the quality of the image...

Thank you, all, for your help,
    Alex