Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: In Memory of Bruce Barlow

Re: In Memory of Bruce Barlow

Godspeed Bruce and thank you.

My condolences to his family. What a loss to our community.
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

I’ve just revisited the forum after a few years away. Sad news indeed. RIP

Dave Karp

Such sad news. He easily shared his knowledge with us in such a friendly manner.

Sad news indeed! Just saw this thread and my condolences to the Barlow family!

I am so sorry to learn of Bruce's passing. I used the Fred Picker video on printing for many years with my photography students, Bruce was the gracious host who gently held everything together in the presentation. I later met Bruce through Ted Harris, and sensed immediately, Bruce's passion and knowledge for photography and his great willingness to share any and all information on the medium. He will be dearly missed!

Please see the new thread regarding the Bruce Barlow Memorial weekend to be held in Brattleboro, VT the weekend of October 26th. Hope you can join us.

I have been out of touch for the last couple of years, so didn't hear about Bruce's passing until today. I met him a few years ago when he was travelling around North America in his van. He stayed with my wife and I at our house in central British Columbia for a couple of days, and I greatly enjoyed his company. He was fun to be with and very generous with his time and knowledge, especially helping me out with my large format photography. I remember that he was very proud of his son, who was just finishing a video project. My sincere condolences to his family and friends.

I cannot believe that I somehow missed this news. I only "knew" Bruce through his forum posts and his playing the role of host and "question asker," in Fred Picker's printing video. I miss his posts. My sincere condolences to his family.

I have only just read about Bruce's passing. It was a shock. Never met Bruce, but was introduced to him via Printing with Fred Picker. Seemed such a likeable guy and over the years searched him on the net to see what he was up to. For most of last year I was not doing a lot of computer things. Self inflicted. Otherwise I would have posted earlier. I thank Bruce for his contribution to LF photography. Best to his family albeit a bit belated.
    Richard from Australia