Thread: Hello!

Hello!

I've been hanging around in the equipment forums the past few days, but figured I should formally introduce myself here. My name is Ethan, as you probably gathered, and I am a student who only started film photography about a year ago, but has fallen in love with it, specifically with large format. Landscape photos are my favorite, though photos with historic significance also grab my attention. I currently shoot on a 4x5 Graflex Graphic View II, but I'd like to upgrade that to an 8x10, which I consider the ultimate for landscape photography. My latest project was following in the footsteps of the Hudson River school of painters, and taking phots of the scenes they painted up and down the Hudson river, and a bit of the Connecticut river. I'm also working on restoring an Elwood 8x10 enlarger I picked up recently, as part of my goal of shooting 8x10.

This is my favorite photo I've taken so far probably, it's one from my latest project.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	catskill001.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	34.1 KB 
ID:	192144
    Photo after Sanford Robinson Gifford's painting, South Bay, On the Hudson, near Hudson, New York

Les

Re: Hello!

Good stuff. Welcome to LF forum, Ethan.

Les

Welcome!

Welcome aboard!
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Very good, Ethan.

Keep up the good work. Let us know if we can help.

- Leigh
    If you believe you can, or you believe you can't... you're right.