Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Technika in a Domke F-2 or other shoulder bag?

Re: Technika in a Domke F-2 or other shoulder bag?

Thanks! Those images help a lot. From what I can find, the Technika will be a little larger than the Camonix folded but probably not enough to make much of a difference.

On a related note, FedEx is delivering the camera, lens, and film holders today (with any luck.) I’m very excited to get started. I should also be receiving some film and a developing tank today, so with any luck I might be able to take some test shots today. (I’m still missing some things I can probably improvise like a focusing loupe and dark cloth though.)

Along the lines of the Lowepro bag Steve K. mentioned (I'm assuming the "Flipside" series?), Orlieb's "Day-shot" gives you the same functionality (i.e. you can take the pack off your shoulders and use it as a waistpack without it hitting the ground.) It might be worth looking at a few pictures to see if it's a concept that works for you.

I use the last generation of the Zone VI bag for my cameras. I used to strap them to a backpack frame but now use a Tamrac strap that lets me carry them like a backpack. When I don't want to put them on the ground I hang the bag off my tripod with the strap. Both these items are no longer sold new but the Zone VI bags are pretty easy to find used.

The camera came this weekend. For the time being I can fit everything into a Crumpler 7 Million Dollar Home that I already owned. It’s not a perfect fit, but I can get the camera, several lenses, 6 film holders, meter, release cable, and my spare 50mm enlarger lens which I’m currently using as a loupe. Then I stuff a black T-shirt (makeshift dark cloth) on top and close the top. The total weight isn’t bad. I think I carry more weight with my Pentax 67 and three lenses. I haven’t decided on the Domke, or anything else and I need to spend my money on some more direct needs (like a real loupe and dark cloth.)

Pentax 67 is indeed good weight training for a Technika .
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Do you generally keep you lenses attached to a board, or do you swap them into the board in the field?
    Always kept on their boards. If you want to close the camera with a lens mounted, then choose carefully. Perhaps others will advise. I keep a 135mm Planar mounted, and the fit is so close I cannot even use a lens cover, but it is not really needed.