Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Intrepid 8X10 New Video

  1. #1
    Randy Moe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    11,400

    Intrepid 8X10 New Video

    Intrepid has posted a new 8X10 video on YouTube.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsO35XnfvSU&t=25s
    TIN CAN COLLEGE

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    manhattan
    Posts
    56

    Re: Intrepid 8X10 New Video

    looks fun. thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    Intrepid has posted a new 8X10 video on YouTube.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsO35XnfvSU&t=25s

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Melbourne Australia
    Posts
    279

    Re: Intrepid 8X10 New Video

    If I slammed a film holder in that hard, I think my focus and/or framing may move slightly..............

    Seems to be quite a usable unit.

    Mick.

  4. #4

    Re: Intrepid 8X10 New Video

    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Fagan View Post
    If I slammed a film holder in that hard, I think my focus and/or framing may move slightly..............

    Seems to be quite a usable unit.

    Mick.
    Absolutely. I would NEVER slam film holders into the camera like that. In fact I do all I can to avoid all frictional activity with getting the holder in the camera by holding the camera back open during the process. Why? The companies that make film holders have diminished by 95% and it is an act of self preservation of a finite commodity.

    That being said my 8x10 Intrepid that was just received has several deficiencies that are not impossible to overcome. One is the propensity of the camera to twist on a quick release 1/4" plate when inserting the film holder. The 3/8 " take up screw is not favorably taking two of my
    quick release plates (Arca Swiss and Manfrotto) and I am going to have this issue checked with a machinist friend. The Intrepid to Linhof reducing lens board is problematic (thin and cheaply made) and I am going to have a real one made. Once I get the 3/8" thread issues resolved and get a real reducing lens board to Linhof that works as intended, I believe it will be a viable light weight packing camera. I do not expect this to preform like my Canham woodie 8x10 but appreciate the reduction in weight and the limitations / trade offs that come along for the ride.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    north of the 49th
    Posts
    1,018

    Re: Intrepid 8X10 New Video

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Kadillak View Post
    Absolutely. I would NEVER slam film holders into the camera like that. In fact I do all I can to avoid all frictional activity with getting the holder in the camera by holding the camera back open during the process. Why? The companies that make film holders have diminished by 95% and it is an act of self preservation of a finite commodity.

    That being said my 8x10 Intrepid that was just received has several deficiencies that are not impossible to overcome. One is the propensity of the camera to twist on a quick release 1/4" plate when inserting the film holder. The 3/8 " take up screw is not favorably taking two of my
    quick release plates (Arca Swiss and Manfrotto) and I am going to have this issue checked with a machinist friend. The Intrepid to Linhof reducing lens board is problematic (thin and cheaply made) and I am going to have a real one made. Once I get the 3/8" thread issues resolved and get a real reducing lens board to Linhof that works as intended, I believe it will be a viable light weight packing camera. I do not expect this to preform like my Canham woodie 8x10 but appreciate the reduction in weight and the limitations / trade offs that come along for the ride.
    I use a Sinar --> Linhof adapter. was still a very snug fit, so I have it perma-attached.
    notch codes ? I only use one film...

  6. #6
    Susie
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Hertfordshire, UK
    Posts
    7

    Re: Intrepid 8X10 New Video

    Hi Guys,

    I am considering buying one of these - my current 10x8 camera is a magnesium Kodak Commercial View Camera. One question, has anyone used lenses mounted in #5 shutters on an Intrepid? Both my 14" and 10" Ektars are in #5 shutters and I'm wondering if they would be too heavy.

    Susie

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Kent, UK
    Posts
    76

    Re: Intrepid 8X10 New Video

    Quote Originally Posted by Susie Frith View Post
    Hi Guys,

    I am considering buying one of these - my current 10x8 camera is a magnesium Kodak Commercial View Camera. One question, has anyone used lenses mounted in #5 shutters on an Intrepid? Both my 14" and 10" Ektars are in #5 shutters and I'm wondering if they would be too heavy.

    Susie
    Mounted a 600mm Nikkor-T for kicks and giggles and the camera bowed a bit. That's about 3.5 lbs on the camera at near full extension. If I can find the photos I'll post.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Milan, Italy
    Posts
    287

    Re: Intrepid 8X10 New Video

    Quote Originally Posted by minh0204 View Post
    Mounted a 600mm Nikkor-T for kicks and giggles and the camera bowed a bit. That's about 3.5 lbs on the camera at near full extension. If I can find the photos I'll post.
    so curious to see, as I am about to receive the same lens... not that I have hopes to use it on the Intrepid...maybe my Wista can take it

Similar Threads

  1. Intrepid 8x10 Mk1 vs Mk2
    By Alan9940 in forum Cameras & Camera Accessories
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 22-Apr-2019, 08:45
  2. Intrepid 8x10"
    By Tim V in forum Cameras & Camera Accessories
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-Jun-2018, 07:19
  3. [Video] Intrepid Camera Story
    By Nicolasllasera in forum Cameras & Camera Accessories
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 17-Apr-2018, 08:03

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •