Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plumbing for jobo cpp3

Plumbing for jobo cpp3

Hi all, does anyone have a plumbing plan setup for a jobo cpp3 ? Thanks

Re: Plumbing for jobo cpp3

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Wilmot View Post
    Hi all, does anyone have a plumbing plan setup for a jobo cpp3 ? Thanks
    Hi, the CPP 2 and 3 have a solenoid inlet valve for cold water. This will maintain sub ambient temperature. Assuming you have cold tap water. Where I live the incoming water is rarely above 10C.
    There's a overflow provision as well that allows your processor to drain if the trough is overfilled, for instance if the cold water valve opens to cool your processor. If you don't have cold tap water and a warm darkroom is a problem. You can either turn on the ac and let the whole thing cool down or invest in a chiller. Plastic ice packs work as well.

I have thermostatic mixing valves, so I can fill my processors with water at correct temperature, and have plenty of wash water.

Also be careful filling the processor with really hot water. There's a thermal breaker switch that trips around 50C.

I set mine in a 8 foot darkroom sink. After each use I drain and wipe dry.

I just use a hose to fill the tanks and I do not hook up plumbing to my Cpp3, I only use it as a manual unit.

Quote Originally Posted by bob carnie View Post
    I just use a hose to fill the tanks and I do not hook up plumbing to my Cpp3, I only use it as a manual unit.
    This is how I do it with my 20+ year old CPP2. I've been telling myself for the last couple years that I deserve a new processor. Hmmn.

Quote Originally Posted by Duolab123 View Post
    This is how I do it with my 20+ year old CPP2. I've been telling myself for the last couple years that I deserve a new processor. Hmmn.
    Same here; though I've never told myself I need a new one!

Thanks all. I too have a 8 foot darkroom sink and plan to setup the same way. I invested in a HASS TMV 20 years ago and its been in storage and still works so initially was thinking to also run the water in at 20 degrees C but the plumbing and space is bit tight, might need to reconsider this option. In Sydney the water temp gets to 25 degrees in summer so a chiller is also a consideration to plumb in (I used ice blocks when I had the CPE3 and it was a pain in the rear) , yet another expense on an already ridiculously expensive CPP3, UGHH. Is it worth having the TMV set at 20 degrees connected to the solenoid inlet valve on the processor or is it better to use straight cold water ?? I initially thought having the correct 20 degree temp coming in would be ideal?? Ive been told the unit is still 6-8 weeks away but want to make sure all the work is completed so as soon as it lands I can get processing again (when I have time from my other recent career of becoming a Paramedic). Once again appreciate all your thoughts . Regards Dean Wilmot

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Wilmot View Post
    Thanks all. I too have a 8 foot darkroom sink and plan to setup the same way. I invested in a HASS TMV 20 years ago and its been in storage and still works so initially was thinking to also run the water in at 20 degrees C but the plumbing and space is bit tight, might need to reconsider this option. In Sydney the water temp gets to 25 degrees in summer so a chiller is also a consideration to plumb in (I used ice blocks when I had the CPE3 and it was a pain in the rear) , yet another expense on an already ridiculously expensive CPP3, UGHH. Is it worth having the TMV set at 20 degrees connected to the solenoid inlet valve on the processor or is it better to use straight cold water ?? I initially thought having the correct 20 degree temp coming in would be ideal?? Ive been told the unit is still 6-8 weeks away but want to make sure all the work is completed so as soon as it lands I can get processing again (when I have time from my other recent career of becoming a Paramedic). Once again appreciate all your thoughts . Regards Dean Wilmot
    I wouldn't Plumb in the processor. As long as your tap water stays below 21-22 °C you can develop black and white fine. The mixing valve is a must (IMHO) for color work. I fill my processor from my mixing valve. If my tap water starts to approach 60°F the mixing valve slows way down. Then I just use the main water faucet wide open, I always fill the unit to the target temperature. The big processors take forever to heat cold water. I put my solutions in a beaker and warm in a microwave, then pour back into the Jobo bottles. I have a dedicated MW in my darkroom, have been using it for 20 years. 6 to 8 weeks, sounds like a luxury voyage. Queen Mary II?

Freeze a few gallon jugs of water, and pop them in a holding bucket to cool the water down if it is too warm. Most households have a chest freezer in the garage or elsewhere, keep them in there. Small ice blocks ARE a pain in the rear, the larger bottles have more mass, so last longer.

No special plumbing. I fill it with a hose using tempered water from the control panel. The overflow and spigot have short hoses which drain into the sink. When not in use, the unit is emptied and stored under the counter.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jobo.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	71.8 KB 
ID:	191895