Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reactivation Code For Adobe CS3

http://www.spiritsofsilver.com tgtaylor's Avatar

Reactivation Code For Adobe CS3

Just installed CS3 on a new computer from disks and Adobe says that their CS3 activation servers are no longer available. The Adobe website wants you to download ~ a 460 MB version but the disk version is 1.10GB. I want the full version of CS3 that I paid for years ago. Without a new activation code I can only use my copy of CS3 for the next 30 days. What do I need to do?

Thomas

Re: Reactivation Code For Adobe CS3

How convenient for Adobe.

I'm running into the same situation with and older version of Silverfast a few days ago. The User Guide says to go to a particular link on the Silverfast website; but, it no longer exists. I'm going to give them a call and see what they recommend.

Back to CS3, I've been using a non-upgrade for years, and I've never had a problem. I'm also using an upgrade copy of CS4, and I've found that, I need to install CS3 prior to installing CS4 to use either or both.

Is your copy of CS3 an upgrade, or is it an original version? Have you tried giving Adobe a call? If so, what do they say. (If they say that Adobe no longer supports CS3, it wouldn't surprise me.)

Smaller size doesn't always mean less functionality. There are many reasons why the size could be cut. Off the top of my head, I would guess that the disk includes Adobe Bridge and the link probably has them as separate downloads.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Davis View Post
    Well, Adobe certainly won’t help you since they are threatening to sue people who use the CC version but don’t upgrade to the latest version.
    Adobe is not threatening to sue people who use certain old CC version of some product (Animate), they say that people using those products and not upgrading could be sued by third parties holding certain rights on those old products.

Yes, and Adobe pitfall, but it isn't Adobe itself that may sue people for that.

you can easily bypass the activation on all the CS and CC products, if you want. Search for 'amtlib' and it's easy to find.

OK . . .what is amtib?

I have had the same problem. I was given CS-3 back in 208 by a state agency that enables or facilitates persons with disabilities. They sent a guy over who installed it and left. When I got a new computer in 2017 I found that there was no documentation for a valid S/N or authorization code. The state agency couldn't/wouldn't help me out with it. . . .and Adobe gave me quite a runaround . . .as in , not their fault and don't care.

I only ever used CS-3 for minor manipulations of contrast, cropping . . .basic traditional darkroom stuff, so I have been limping along with a much older version of elements . . .whichn is old enough that it is not fullty compatable with my new computer or my flat bed scanner.
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com
    http://www.artsyhome.com/author/drew-bedo

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!

I'd start here. Most of this is geared towards newer versions of CC/CS, but if anything the older versions are easier to deal with in this regard. I am not taking a stand on this practice one way or the other, but just saving you some googling.

https://www.reddit.com/r/sjain_guides/

I have the original version of CS3 which I purchased from the Adobe website and chose to receive the disk rather than the download. It does include Adobe Bridge CS3, Adobe Device Central CS3 (apparently for a few of the old style 2006 type flip type cell phones), Adobe ExtenScrip Toolkit 2, and Adobe Stock Photos CS3. Except for CS3 itself, the rest appear to be non-functional. I had a long online conversation with Adobe support last night and the bottom line is that they want to connect you with Adobe sales to purchase an upgrade which I assume would be to start paying a monthly/yearly fee to access a newer version online.

The "aging activation servers" line that Adobe is using is just BS. A quick search on Adobe's website shows that I am the registered owner of CS3 with that serial number. The "activation code" merely confirms that fact when you open the program to use and is not the program itself which is installed on my hard drive. Adobe never "updated" CS3 like, for example Dell would allow you to update a driver or Bios, but instead sold the update as CS4 which you and to buy anew if you wanted the update. These updates were making an appearance yearly until a point was reached that Photoshop was perfected and Adobe decided to lease their product like PanaVision leased their lenses.The "aging servers" line is simply to force the purchasers of the earlier versions to start paying an ongoing fee to use Photoshop.

Thomas

Hello,
    can't help with your CS3 (and expect similar problems with my CS6 when doing the forced switch to W10 and have to reinstall) - but: why not use Affinity Photo? I already use it on my mobile computer and will change, when CS6 is not longer working. OK, you have to buy new - but it's cheap, no monthly fees. And works very nicely.
    Andreas

OK got it figured out! Back in 2015 I bought a new desktop and reinstalled CS3 on it getting help from Adobe support. What they did then was to give me a new serial number and said to check "register never" when the activation screen pops up. Support has stopped doing that now and tries to transfer all who call to sales to be sold the new product. A special price is offered for the first year and then WHAMO! Now you have to log into your Adobe account and if your copy of CS3 is registered the serial number will be there. I have the original disks in the jewel case with the serial number so I didn't need to log into my account to obtain it. You can't reactivate using the original media but must download the replacement version on the website using that serial number. The download is 525MB on my system and Bridge and all the rest are listed but are non functioning. They no longer work on the original media either - when you click on Bridge, for example, you get a Certificate failure but the main program Photoshop works. So to reinstall CS3 on a new machine you need to be the registered owner of the program and use that serial number to get to the download. The trick is to delete all components of the old CS3 before downloading - including that little file hidden in common programs - otherwise you end back up with the original program with the 30 days to activate issue. If I had known this I wouldn't have installed CS3 from my disk and that would have saved me a lot of trouble. The system info for the replacement appears identical with that of the original

I replaced my old HP laptop with an 8th generation I5 Dell with 1TB hard drive, 8G Ram, touch screen biometrics, etc that I got from the Dell outlet for $446 and wanted PS on it as I had on the HP.

Thomas