Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CatLABS X FILM 80 now available in 4X5 and 8X10

CatLABS X FILM 80 now available in 4X5 and 8X10

Hello LFPF!

CatLABS X FILM 80 initially available in 120 only, is now also available in 4X5 and 8X10 sheets.

25 sheet boxes MSRP pricing:
    4X5 - $29.90
    8X10 - $98.00
    120 roll film - $5.55

If you have not yet heard about this new film, here are some details:

CatLABS X FILM 80 is a traditional, slow-speed, fine-grain, high silver content film, designed for a wide array of shooting conditions.

Following in the footsteps of Kodak's famous 'Panatomic-X' (which was used in Polaroid's equally famous Type 55 film), CatLABS X FILM 80 brings back a classic touch with its unique look.

An ideal “daylight” film, offering versatility and unique characteristics not found in any other currently made film on the market today.

Characterized by its very fine grain, moderate contrast and deep tonal range.

Exhibits a wide exposure latitude under various lighting conditions, and extreme flexibility in processing options.

Rate it at 50 ISO when shooting indoors (under studio lighting) for extreme fine-grain, or push it as high as 800 when shooting in low light conditions.

CatLABS X FILM 80 has an IE of 80 ISO.

This film is available from in the US:
    With our friends at Blue Moon camera (Portland), Pursuit supply company (Chicago), Kiwi Photo (Boca, Florida), Photo warehouse (Ultrafine online), Glass Key Photo (San Francisco) as well as Freestyle and BH.

In Canada find it at the superb Downtown camera store in Toronoto (more Canadian dealers coming soon)

In Europe:
    Our friends at Labo-Argentique (France and all of Europe), as well as several other retailers (list still in progress).

In Thailand:
    Afilm.me

We appreciate your support of locally owned small photo businesses - for the most part, our film is equally and competitively priced at all of these outlets.
    CatLABS X FILM 80 is also available on Amazon (roll film only at this time) through another one of our friends - you can support this forum by using the Amazon affiliate link to order this film on Amazon.

The film is also available directly from CatLABS:
    https://www.catlabs.info/product/catlabs-x-film-80

Shoot more film!

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

Re: CatLABS X FILM 80 now available in 4X5 and 8X10

I'm not far from Blue Moon so I'll check it out.

Serious Amateur Photographer pepeguitarra's Avatar

I want to see some samples of pictures taken. I found these ones here.
    "I have never in my life made music for money or fame. God walks out of the room when you are thinking about money." -- Quincy Jones

Quote Originally Posted by koh303 View Post
    Hello LFPF!

CatLABS X FILM 80 initially available in 120 only, is now also available in 4X5 and 8X10 sheets.

25 sheet boxes MSRP pricing:
    4X5 - $29.90
    8X10 - $98.00
    120 roll film - $5.55

If you have not yet heard about this new film, here are some details:

CatLABS X FILM 80 is a traditional, slow-speed, fine-grain, high silver content film, designed for a wide array of shooting conditions.

Following in the footsteps of Kodak's famous 'Panatomic-X' (which was used in Polaroid's equally famous Type 55 film), CatLABS X FILM 80 brings back a classic touch with its unique look.

An ideal “daylight” film, offering versatility and unique characteristics not found in any other currently made film on the market today.

Characterized by its very fine grain, moderate contrast and deep tonal range.

Exhibits a wide exposure latitude under various lighting conditions, and extreme flexibility in processing options.

Rate it at 50 ISO when shooting indoors (under studio lighting) for extreme fine-grain, or push it as high as 800 when shooting in low light conditions.

CatLABS X FILM 80 has an IE of 80 ISO.

This film is available from in the US:
    With our friends at Blue Moon camera (Portland), Pursuit supply company (Chicago), Kiwi Photo (Boca, Florida), Photo warehouse (Ultrafine online), Glass Key Photo (San Francisco) as well as Freestyle and BH.

In Canada find it at the superb Downtown camera store in Toronoto (more Canadian dealers coming soon)

In Europe:
    Our friends at Labo-Argentique (France and all of Europe), as well as several other retailers (list still in progress).

In Thailand:
    Afilm.me

We appreciate your support of locally owned small photo businesses - for the most part, our film is equally and competitively priced at all of these outlets.
    CatLABS X FILM 80 is also available on Amazon (roll film only at this time) through another one of our friends - you can support this forum by using the Amazon affiliate link to order this film on Amazon.

The film is also available directly from CatLABS:
    https://www.catlabs.info/product/catlabs-x-film-80

Shoot more film!
    Fantastic news Omer

Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by pepeguitarra View Post
    I want to see some samples of pictures taken. I found these ones here.
    Thanks! It’s perhaps a bit strange they don’t mention how they developed it....

Since some have asked, we have many samples of our film on our FB page:
    https://www.facebook.com/CatLABS.of.JP/
    The developer details are attached to each - there is Pyrocat HD, HC-11, Ilfosol, D76, Rodinal, Cafenol and a few others posted there.
    Each offers a widely different level of contrast control, as one would expect, and more fine tuning can be had with the wide list of developing times for various developers on our website.

How do I get the 10% discount from my local store?
    "Sex is like maths, add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the whoo hoo and hope you don't multiply." - Leather jacket guy

Quote Originally Posted by ghostcount View Post
    How do I get the 10% discount from my local store?
    ?

Who makes this new film?