Here is a little review of the old Bewi Zoom Spot meter.
Before I begin, here’s an article on the meter.

Translated from German.

In the 1960s, the era of classic light meters ended up being the most important recording accessory. Almost all newly developed amateur cameras had integrated exposure systems.

In parallel, although cheap cameras without built-in exposure meter. However, these often only had a fix focus setting for occasional users who did not know what to do with recording accessories anyway. The professional area covered gutters with the Lunasix and some elaborate Spotmeter from Japanese production.

Most of the light meter manufacturers gave up at that time. Gossen and Metrawatt got together and specialized in high-quality measuring computers. The traditional manufacturer Bertram, Munich, undertook in 1968 with this elaborate measuring device a last attempt to survive with a high-quality (and high-priced) product on the market. In parallel, the BEWI BOY was built as a low-cost device. Although this BEWI ZOOM SPOT was quite powerful and technically able to keep up with the Japanese spot meters of Pentax and Minolta, he was not given a long life. Bertram finally gave up production in late 1982.

The zoom spot has two measuring ranges LOW / HIGH, which are switched with the gun button. The measuring angle can be infinitely adjusted between 35 ° to 1 ° with the side knob. A rotary pointer on the back alcala indicates the set measuring angle. The subject to be measured is aimed at the viewfinder, the needle is locked when the button is released. The displayed measured value (1-17) is then transferred to the setting scale as usual. The device is handy and easy to use. The power requirements are quite demanding; 2 pieces of PX27 are needed.

Values: Sensitivity 9-39 ° DIN / 6-6,400 ASA; Apertures 1-45; Exposure times 8 hours - 1/2000 sec .; Light values ​​-6 to 20; CINE 8-19-108.

————--------/

I was in the market for a spot meter and was looking for a small one, I read about this one and went searching.
I picked one up from eBay they go for very cheap.

I read a forum post here regarding batteries for the meter. So I picked up a couple of S27PX batteries. They fit nicely.
Butkus has the manual for the meter online. here.

I tested its accuracy with a comparison against a sekonic 308, and a grey card.
After calibration it was matching the 308 in all light conditions.

It’s quite an impressive Spotmeter. Very pocket friendly.
Here are pictures of the meter.

Showing hign scale
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0955.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	82.0 KB 
ID:	191379
showing low scale

Name:	IMG_0956.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	31.4 KB 
ID:	191380
showing spot scale indicated on right

Name:	IMG_0957.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	31.9 KB 
ID:	191381
showing different iso value with computed ev value in most inner circle

Name:	IMG_0958.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	71.1 KB 
ID:	191382

If your looking for a alternative to the Pentax and other spot meter. Try this one. It’s not for everyone as it’s analog match needle.

My next project will be adapting a zone scale to it.