Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: From SoCal

From SoCal

Hi,

Fell in love with photography in 1970. Was Air Force at Nakorn Phanom, Thailand. Bought the first of many 35mm cameras, a Petri 7S. The camera was loaded with Kodachrome 64 when I went to the water storage reservoir that was 5 miles off base. Clouds were reflecting off the water. Thought it was pretty, so I took the picture. I was astounded when the film was returned from the processor in Bangkok. I've been in love ever since.

Since then I have retired from the Air Force and my subsequent civilian job. To occupy my time, I decided to learn the fine details of photography. I now have a 35mm Russian rangefinder and Japanese SLR, a 6x7 SLR, and an Omega View 45D. The small and medium format I have used in the past, but have never touched a large format camera. I have joined LFPF to learn.

-- Well,so much for an intro --

Enjoy the day,
    icandide

Re: From SoCal

Welcome!

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

Welcome. There are many fine LF photographers. I grew up in Southern California and retired to the PNW. Keep your eye out in the local area for get togethers and welcome.

Welcome!

An endless task.

Which I want, for me, to fight the dying of the light.

I like flashbulbs...
    Tin Can

@diversey - Thank you.

@Jim Fitzgerald - The PNW is beautiful.I'll look out for gatherings so I can participate.

@Randy Moe - No offense intended: Zen! I love it

Enjoy the ride!
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

Welcome! I'm also in Southern CA (San Diego).

@Vaughn - Thank you.

@jim_jm - San Diego is one of my favorite cities.

Enjoy the day,
    icandide

Quote Originally Posted by icandide View Post
    Hi,

Fell in love with photography in 1970. Was Air Force at Nakorn Phanom, Thailand. Bought the first of many 35mm cameras, a Petri 7S. The camera was loaded with Kodachrome 64 when I went to the water storage reservoir that was 5 miles off base. Clouds were reflecting off the water. Thought it was pretty, so I took the picture. I was astounded when the film was returned from the processor in Bangkok. I've been in love ever since.

Since then I have retired from the Air Force and my subsequent civilian job. To occupy my time, I decided to learn the fine details of photography. I now have a 35mm Russian rangefinder and Japanese SLR, a 6x7 SLR, and an Omega View 45D. The small and medium format I have used in the past, but have never touched a large format camera. I have joined LFPF to learn.

Enjoy the day,
    icandide
    Where in SoCal do you live? I'm in the Palm Springs area. I wonder if you have my old Omega 45D? I sold it many years ago to a fellow photographer used it for a few years and then he sold it.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by icandide View Post
    Hi,

Enjoy the day,
    icandide
    Before college and the AF I managed a camera dept while I was in high school. Our best selling 35mm rangefinder Camera was the Petri 7S. Sold a ton of them, mostly because there was a spiff on every one sold and, on a good week, we could get more in spiff payments then in our regular pay! It was a great little camera. Two versions differing only in lens speed.