Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: LVT questions

Re: LVT questions

Quote Originally Posted by Pere Casals View Post
    Why a silver paper may not work in a Lambda? is it there a "mechanical" problem... or it is a sensitometric problem...
    For example Ilford Warmtone cannot be read.. it is the due to speed of paper and ability of the lasers to be able to expose.... Agfa classic works ... Galerie with extra red sensitivity works... go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by bob carnie View Post
    For example Ilford Warmtone cannot be read.. it is the due to speed of paper and ability of the lasers to be able to expose.... Agfa classic works ... Galerie with extra red sensitivity works... go figure.
    ok... I figure it... thanks

Bachelier said that the lambda prints on FB paper very good, but in sharpness terms the LVT path had better results in special for 50x60cm prints, that I guess were made for collectors.
    Possibly, or that it allows for a little more manipulation via the processing of the output film & the paper grade that the negative is aimed for. The other aspect to keep in mind is the 2032ppi (or thereabouts) resolution of LVT on 4x5 would have necessitated a decent upscaling of the DSLR files & a little judiciously applied fake grain would help to make any artifacts less obviously 'digital'.

Follow-up: I got my LVT (Tri-X) and pulled some test prints. The Tri-X emulsion has added contrast, to the extent that I could only get a passable print with 00. I need to go back and adjust the levels to compensate. Otherwise, at 8X10, it looks pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieter View Post
    Follow-up: I got my LVT (Tri-X) and pulled some test prints. The Tri-X emulsion has added contrast, to the extent that I could only get a passable print with 00. I need to go back and adjust the levels to compensate. Otherwise, at 8X10, it looks pretty good.
    I'd recommend you LVT print a mosaic of (say) 16 images in a sheet with different contrast levels and with different gammas, in that way to may nail what contrast/gamma levels will suit your taste.

Please post some images if possible, it would be interesting to see what you are obtaining.

I'd recommend you LVT print a mosaic of (say) 16 images in a sheet with different contrast levels and with different gammas, in that way to may nail what contrast/gamma levels will suit your taste.

Please post some images if possible, it would be interesting to see what you are obtaining.
    I did end up making an LVT with 4 variations of contrast, still not quite there. However, I finally printed another of the first LVT batch and actually like the print better than the original digital print.

Original:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dirt_lo.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	190.6 KB 
ID:	200431

From LVT:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dirt_LVT_lo.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	186.5 KB 
ID:	200432