Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bag bellows on demand

Bag bellows on demand

Does anyone know if anybody in UK or Europe makes bag bellows on demand (provided dimensions are supplied)?

Re: Bag bellows on demand

Sure. Custom Bellows in the UK. http://www.custombellows.co.uk/

I just received a set of bellows I ordered from the Hong Kong bellows maker that lots of people also use. I haven't installed them yet, but they look good. They're much thinner and lighter than the Toyo bellows I'm replacing. And he was willing to make them a bit longer for me than standard, at no extra cost.

Can they also make them with magnets? My camera body has magnets on rear and front end.

What is the name of this Hong Kong-based bellows manufacturer? Would you please also list their contact information? Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by rdeloe View Post
    I just received a set of bellows I ordered from the Hong Kong bellows maker that lots of people also use. I haven't installed them yet, but they look good. They're much thinner and lighter than the Toyo bellows I'm replacing. And he was willing to make them a bit longer for me than standard, at no extra cost.

Foamer

I bought bellows for a 5x7 korona from Hong Kong seller; they didn't fit.

Kent in SD
    In contento ed allegria
    Notte e di vogliam passar!

I'd stick with Custom Bellows. They know what they are doing and have done it "forever".

They don't build frames. Do you know someone who does?

I purchased mine from eBay seller mytongguy. It's the same guy as eBay seller ecbuyonline2008; his name is Jukie. He seems to operate multiple accounts. Shipping is free but it takes a while. I ordered on April 10 and received the package in Canada on May 10.

I just finished mounting the bellows on a Toyo 45 G frame. This involved some trimming but I'm very pleased with the result. I have not checked for light leaks yet (have to wait for dark). However, so far I'm extremely pleased. They fit perfectly and are significantly thinner and lighter than the original Toyo 45 G bellows I'm replacing. If the standards on my camera could come 2mm closer to each other, I could focus a 90mm lens on a flat board at infinity with these bellows, and still have flexibility for a bit of tilt. The original Toyo bellows didn't compress enough to let me use my 125mm lens on a flat board! With my recessed board I have plenty of movements with the 90mm lens and don't need to put on the bag bellows. I ordered the bellows a bit longer than standard so that I could have flexibility for movements with my 300mm lens (and the potential to use an even longer lens).

Note that I'm not expecting any light leaks through the bellows fabric. Rather, my concern is that there are no leaks where the bellows attached to the frame. I think I'm good because of the way the Toyo frame works, but only a test will tell.

I have not purchased from Custom Bellows but I did email back and forth with them regarding a special bellows I was considering. I found them to be very professional. I don't think you can go wrong with them. As others have mentioned, they've been making bellows for a very long time. I went with the Hong Kong sellers because a Toyo 45 bellows is pretty standard and simple.

EDIT: OP, I just re-read your post and saw you asked about "bag" bellows". All of my responses are for regular bellows. Sorry for the confusion. BUT the seller I bought my standard bellows from also makes bag bellows.

Quote Originally Posted by howardpan View Post
    What is the name of this Hong Kong-based bellows manufacturer? Would you please also list their contact information? Thank you.

Is this a custom camera? If it's not, your best bet is probably buying an original but leaky bellows for a good price, and re-using the frames. For custom or unusual bellows, people seem to recommend Richard Ritter. http://www.lg4mat.net/

Quote Originally Posted by rpagliari View Post
    They don't build frames. Do you know someone who does?