Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bag bellows on demand

Re: Bag bellows on demand

OK then, don't rush out and buy the bellows I got quite yet... When it became dark enough to do a proper test for light leaks, I discovered lots of leaks. Most unfortunate. The leaks are in most of the corners on two sides. I surely hope this is a defective unit. I've contacted the seller to see what he will do for me. I know he has happy customers so I'm hoping I just got a bad one. I'll post an update for posterity when this gets sorted out.

Stuck inside of Tucson with the Neverland Blues again...

I ordered a set of 8x10 bellows from the Hong Kong seller. They were pieced together from scraps of material with glue spots on the outside, wrinkles and bubbles, etc. I wasn't very happy with them.
    "I love my Verito lens, but I always have to sharpen everything in Photoshop..."

Pete Oakley

Custom Bellows in Birmingham England are fantastic people to deal with. I wouldn't go anywhere else.
    Pete.

Just a quick follow-up on my experience with Jukie, the Hong Kong seller.

I contacted him about the light leaks I experienced, and he responded immediately. Apparently they'd change some of the materials they use to thinner ones at the request of another buyer, and thought things were fine. I showed them things were not fine. He immediately made me a replacement set with the materials they normally use and shipped it to me by express post at his expense.

I mounted the new bellows today and tested them for light leaks. They are perfectly light tight. I can use these bellows with my 90mm on a flat board (with very little movement); with my recessed board there's plenty of movement. They're also perfect for my 300mm. They extend out to around 550mm and still allow movement. I do have a bag bellows, but with these bellows I expect I won't be using them as much as before.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by rdeloe View Post
    OK then, don't rush out and buy the bellows I got quite yet... When it became dark enough to do a proper test for light leaks, I discovered lots of leaks. Most unfortunate. The leaks are in most of the corners on two sides. I surely hope this is a defective unit. I've contacted the seller to see what he will do for me. I know he has happy customers so I'm hoping I just got a bad one. I'll post an update for posterity when this gets sorted out.