Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: EBay works Perfectly NOT! I prefer LFPF FS/WTB

Re: EBay works Perfectly NOT! I prefer LFPF FS/WTB

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    Good morning Omer!

Thank you for pointing out the fine print.

I may be a fool to trust eBay and PayPal to bill me correctly. A bill I paid immediately upon receipt as billed by both. And I did offer the seller the extra $20 as soon as the seller pointed out the fine print.

However the story is not done yet, as I have not received the refund.

If I do not see it in my bank account today I will be filling a complaint.

I hope you had no problems with the items I have sold you!
    I can't see that attachment, but if it's the part of the seller's description that says "world wild shipping ,by china postal", it's certainly not "fine print".

The seller probably found out his supplier was out of stock, and picked the least elegant way to get out of the deal. You may be able to leave feedback; go to this link, then click "Leave feedback":

https://pages.ebay.com/services/forum/feedback.html

https://www.ebay.com/usr/photoer228?...p2047675.l2559

https://www.ebay.com/itm/linhof-kard...rt=nc#shpCntId

The thing is seller had location as usa with pic of a pretty woman.

Then if you click shipping it says shipping to USA

But as Omer so kindly pointed out the 'large print' says something else.

Finally when I tried your link to make a complaint, the page it opened would not take me to the complaint dept. It had a verification puzzle that is invisible to me.

It's over and I don't buy much on eBay these days.

Thank you all!

Quote Originally Posted by DonJ View Post
    I can't see that attachment, but if it's the part of the seller's description that says "world wild shipping ,by china postal", it's certainly not "fine print".

The seller probably found out his supplier was out of stock, and picked the least elegant way to get out of the deal. You may be able to leave feedback; go to this link, then click "Leave feedback":

https://pages.ebay.com/services/forum/feedback.html
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by neil poulsen View Post
    If Randy completed the purchase, and the seller "skipped town," he did indeed have "standing" w/EBay to protest. EBay sellers make a legal commitment to follow through on sales; and this seller refused to follow through on that commitment. Sellers like the one Randy encountered undermine the EBay experience.

Were it me, I would call EBay and complain about this seller. While there may not have been a financial loss to Randy, there was a financial loss to EBay. I think that EBay would want to know about this failed sale. They can't take action against disreputable sellers like this, unless they learn about the circumstances.

I regard EBay as an amazing place of commerce, and it works quite well. It's sort of the great equalizer. Through EBay, individual sellers like us can have the market accessibility of much, much larger entities. As buyers, EBay gives us this undeniably huge selection of goods from which to select. Again, quite amazing. It certainly has made a huge difference for me.
    There was no financial loss to eBay because the seller was still charged the fee for the sale. That doesn't go away because they sent Randy a refund, because the seller initiated the transaction cancellation. They also don't care about the circumstances; canceling a sale, unless it's done at the request of the buyer, adversely affects the seller's account automatically (unless they're in China, which apparently gives them Teflon superpowers).

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    https://www.ebay.com/usr/photoer228?...p2047675.l2559

https://www.ebay.com/itm/linhof-kard...rt=nc#shpCntId

The thing is seller had location as usa with pic of a pretty woman.

Then if you click shipping it says shipping to USA

But as Omer so kindly pointed out the 'large print' says something else.

Finally when I tried your link to make a complaint, the page it opened would not take me to the complaint dept. It had a verification puzzle that is invisible to me.

It's over and I don't buy much on eBay these days.

Thank you all!
    It wasn't a link to the "complaint department". It was a link to do exactly what it says, i.e. "Leave feedback".

I'm glad it's over.

Quote Originally Posted by LabRat View Post
    Yea, but one thing that eBay does to a seller is when posting, you are required to post shipping package size and weight, and it calculates it... I have checked this beforehand, and for example, one heavy/large piece of electronics came out to about $90 quote, when entered to auction preview, was about $60 listed for buyer, I said WTH and posted it and shipping amount was listed for $29 to buyer and no way to charge for packaging & handling amounts
    You have the option to set a fixed price for shipping instead of using the calculator. Also, the rates calculated by eBay are for on-line purchase of postage; if you pay at the Post Office, you'll pay more.

This is the best thing I have seen for a while. Hiding real feedback in "POSITIVE" section!

"POSITIVE: Ebay scammer asking to do illegal transaction"

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-05-11 at 9.58.05 AM.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	57.0 KB 
ID:	191217

(Shrek)

Quote Originally Posted by DonJ View Post
    You have the option to set a fixed price for shipping instead of using the calculator. Also, the rates calculated by eBay are for on-line purchase of postage; if you pay at the Post Office, you'll pay more.

The eBay postage calculator assumes you're a business getting business rates, and will not allow you to change the setting to anything else. And they charge eBay and Paypal fees on shipping, totalling @15%. I've found the only reasonable work-around is to set a fixed 'handling charge' estimating the difference between business rates and personal postal counter rates, but it's difficult with international shipping. They do not allow a handling surcharge percentage calculated from their quoted business rate, which would allow a reasonably accurate total, because they don't want sellers passing along the 15% fees onto the buyer. This disadvantages anyone who ships internationally, I can lose as much as $30 on a heavy parcel going oversees if I don't renegotiate shipping after the sale. And since I live in a small (population-wise) country, I don't really have much choice but to ship internationally.

Attachment 191226
    Ignoring this massive text, then trying to force the issue by paying right away (instead of talking to the seller or waiting for a revised total), while knowing you needed to pay more for shipping is something people do when they want to make a point, not when they want to buy something, its boomer logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Jody_S View Post
    The eBay postage calculator assumes you're a business getting business rates, and will not allow you to change the setting to anything else.
    I'm decades out of date regarding how the Canadian postal system works; but here in the UK I can easily determine the cost of a parcel within or without the UK. The Royal Mail options become expensive over 2kg, but then I change to a courier from whom I get UK or 'foreign' destination costs with the options of insurance signing for etc.

I've mailed items to Europe and gotten things from the Far East without problems. But I have no {recent) experiences of the 'Americas' {north, central or south)

regards
    Tony

(Shrek)

I can get an accurate estimate from the Canada Post website, what I can't control is the shipping quote eBay gives the buyer on my behalf. Without some adjustment, I would lose $3 to $30 on every single parcel I send.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk