Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: EBay works Perfectly NOT! I prefer LFPF FS/WTB

Re: EBay works Perfectly NOT! I prefer LFPF FS/WTB

Lots of stuff violates some legal statute, but remedies are consistent with tangible losses. I doubt any state would pursue a consumer protection case because a seller withdrew an inexpensive product before delivery and returned or refused the payment.

Now if they accepted an additional payment (already a violation of eBay rules) and then didn’t refund it because it was outside ebay’s usual protections, it would be different.

Rick “who’d rather the sale go south before delivery and money changing hands than after” Denney

Yea, but one thing that eBay does to a seller is when posting, you are required to post shipping package size and weight, and it calculates it... I have checked this beforehand, and for example, one heavy/large piece of electronics came out to about $90 quote, when entered to auction preview, was about $60 listed for buyer, I said WTH and posted it and shipping amount was listed for $29 to buyer and no way to charge for packaging & handling amounts... Tried to change it, but it was locked in... Called the service center, and someone from SE Asia told me all I had to do was to call the buyer and ask for the rest of shipping... Tried to email buyer to ask, and was ignored... Got an official notice from eBay telling me if I didn't ship that day, my account would be canceled... So I had to ship...

Other buyers did send the extra charges, but some did not, so the seller (me) lost this, and about 30% with other dumb charges...

eBay is a racket that preys on the sellers... Wish there was something else that is more fair to sell on, with the coverage they have...

Steve K

Attachment 191186
    If you cant be bothered to read the only person you blame is you.

Good morning Omer!

Thank you for pointing out the fine print.

I may be a fool to trust eBay and PayPal to bill me correctly. A bill I paid immediately upon receipt as billed by both. And I did offer the seller the extra $20 as soon as the seller pointed out the fine print.

However the story is not done yet, as I have not received the refund.

If I do not see it in my bank account today I will be filling a complaint.

I hope you had no problems with the items I have sold you!

Quote Originally Posted by koh303 View Post
    Attachment 191186
    If you cant be bothered to read the only person you blame is you.
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Luis-F-S View Post
    You don’t often see here the half truths and flagrant lies by sellers who know nothing about what they’re selling!
    We never see the stories of the scammers who steal our products and get their money returned to them from E-bay.
    The fact that you can't communicate with E-bay isn't mentioned here.
    Best results is the fraud dept of the buyers local police.

Quote Originally Posted by rdenney View Post
    Randy had no loss. He didn’t pay extra and the transaction was canceled, so he had no standing to take it up with eBay. The worst outcome for him was disappointment . . .
    If Randy completed the purchase, and the seller "skipped town," he did indeed have "standing" w/EBay to protest. EBay sellers make a legal commitment to follow through on sales; and this seller refused to follow through on that commitment. Sellers like the one Randy encountered undermine the EBay experience.

Were it me, I would call EBay and complain about this seller. While there may not have been a financial loss to Randy, there was a financial loss to EBay. I think that EBay would want to know about this failed sale. They can't take action against disreputable sellers like this, unless they learn about the circumstances.

I regard EBay as an amazing place of commerce, and it works quite well. It's sort of the great equalizer. Through EBay, individual sellers like us can have the market accessibility of much, much larger entities. As buyers, EBay gives us this undeniably huge selection of goods from which to select. Again, quite amazing. It certainly has made a huge difference for me.

Got my money back just now.

Here is the seller 's data

HUANGWEIXIA 402-935-7733 CA

Condition:Used
    Ended: May 08, 2019 , 5:54AM
    Winning bid:US $50.00
    [ 2 bids ]
    Shipping: $3.94 Standard Shipping
    Item location:Montclair, California, United States
    Seller:
    photoer228 (1139 ) | Seller's other items
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    Good morning Omer!

Thank you for pointing out the fine print.

I may be a fool to trust eBay and PayPal to bill me correctly. A bill I paid immediately upon receipt as billed by both. And I did offer the seller the extra $20 as soon as the seller pointed out the fine print.

However the story is not done yet, as I have not received the refund.

If I do not see it in my bank account today I will be filling a complaint.

I hope you had no problems with the items I have sold you!
    24pt in bold, is not "fine print".

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

For $3.94 I’ll drive to Montclair and pick it up for you. I’ll even play with it a wile and let you know if you’ll like it.

I've been ripped off on eBay, I've been ripped off through forum sales (not this forum), and I've been ripped off by the nice-seeming lady at the local camera store. People who will rip you off are everywhere! Buyer beware indeed.

Regarding eBay, the most flagrant and blatant rip-offs I've experienced occurred from sellers in the United States and Canada. Japanese eBay sellers are the very best in my experience. On the few occasions where Japanese sellers sent me something that wasn't as described, it was an "honest" mistake (i.e., sloppiness in checking and describing). In every case I've either received all my money back, including shipping in both directions -- which is really expensive from Canada back to Japan, or I've received a significant discount on the item if it was still usable.

Today I finally got the last funds owed back from a seller in the US who sent me a box load of stuff that included some real garbage that he described as mint. I got back what I paid, and shipping in both directions, but it took months of waiting, many phone calls to eBay and Paypal, and a lot of patience. As is often the case, instead of yelling and screaming at him I patiently but firmly told him what I wanted him to do to make it right, and what would happen if he didn't (eBay would pay me, and then come after him). A less stubborn person would have given up a long time ago . Don't bother emailing eBay and PayPal. I call them and get through fairly quickly.