Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A Failure of Vision

Re: A Failure of Vision

During the large format learning phase. A "google search" of any large format related question will invariably generate hit with a discussion thread from this website. That can range from how to fix a packard shutter to information on a antique lens. This is one of the only places to engage on topics of this nature. I don't know of a single person in my area the shoots large format and prints in a darkroom.

It can take years reading these threads and getting your ducks in a row to feel in a position to contribute value to the conversation. There are threads like Gali style and soft focus landscapes that are unique discussions. I was reading yesterday Emil Schmidt lenses and their personalities with great interest.

Buying and selling is part of the fun. I feel we would like to sell to within our community to members who use equipment. It is not a good feeling to see something sold with good intentions only to see it for resale elsewhere at an inflated value without every being used.

Anyways I find the forum amazing and gravitate to the sections that interest most.

Thank you to all of the regular posters - you reach many more of us than you know.

Randy, we don't "Pre" visualize and Ansel did not either.
    ” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

Matt Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by LeeSimmons View Post
    During the large format learning phase. A "google search" of any large format related question will invariably generate hit with a discussion thread from this website. That can range from how to fix a packard shutter to information on a antique lens. This is one of the only places to engage on topics of this nature. I don't know of a single person in my area the shoots large format and prints in a darkroom.

It can take years reading these threads and getting your ducks in a row to feel in a position to contribute value to the conversation. There are threads like Gali style and soft focus landscapes that are unique discussions. I was reading yesterday Emil Schmidt lenses and their personalities with great interest.

Buying and selling is part of the fun. I feel we would like to sell to within our community to members who use equipment. It is not a good feeling to see something sold with good intentions only to see it for resale elsewhere at an inflated value without every being used.

Anyways I find the forum amazing and gravitate to the sections that interest most.

Thank you to all of the regular posters - you reach many more of us than you know.
    +1!

St Ansel may not have, I am not trying to emulate him.

I do 'see' my desired image before I shoot it.

I may fail in obtaining my previsualization, but that's simply a learning experience.

Storyboards...

Quote Originally Posted by Willie View Post
    Randy, we don't "Pre" visualize and Ansel did not either.
    Tin Can

Please, not another anal semantic discussion about "previsualization"!

The sun never sets on those kinds of discussions!
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

Previsualization was a Minor activity, wasn't it? White.
    Peter Collins

On the intent of the First Amendment: The press was to serve the governed, not the governors --Opinion, Hugo Black, Judge, Supreme Court, 1971 re the "Pentagon Papers."

I understand it as a process, not just a Minor activity, with mental activity before and after the actual moment of visualization.
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

Aha!

Eureka!
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    Aha!

Eureka!
    Hell, no. I lived in Eureka (CA) for too many years -- so glad to be out of that town!

I hope you took Archimedes with you.

He was very tired.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    Hell, no. I lived in Eureka (CA) for too many years -- so glad to be out of that town!
    Tin Can