Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 46

Thread: Clarification of FS/WTB bumping rules

  1. #21

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Madisonville, LA
    Posts
    1,991

    Re: Clarification of FS/WTB bumping rules

    Iíd rather list here than elsewhere because Iíd rather deal with photographers than the general public. If others donít want to itís their choice.

  2. #22
    Corran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    North GA Mountains
    Posts
    7,074

    Re: Clarification of FS/WTB bumping rules

    Quote Originally Posted by bloodhoundbob View Post
    Amen, Randy. If one does not want to use it, don't use it. It obviously works for some, as I see quite a few SOLD notifications.
    You're right, it does work for some. Especially Fire-Sale items.

    You may be surprised where some of these items are going.

    By the way, I have been sold an item on this forum by an innocuous-sounding person/username, only to have the item show up marked as having been sold by a well-known dealer. One that was a member here and posted under other usernames. I'll let you figure out the rest.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

  3. #23

    Re: Clarification of FS/WTB bumping rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    You're right, it does work for some. Especially Fire-Sale items.

    You may be surprised where some of these items are going.

    By the way, I have been sold an item on this forum by an innocuous-sounding person/username, only to have the item show up marked as having been sold by a well-known dealer. One that was a member here and posted under other usernames. I'll let you figure out the rest.
    That person... rotary machines anyone? Ruined this place


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #24
    Tin Can's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    12,552

    Re: Clarification of FS/WTB bumping rules

    Yes some know whom, he should be banned as a business. That is in the rules, I believe.

    Others sell low to promote usage and keep the flame going. I have also sold low.

    I have had many simply give me LFPF items by PM or email.

    One joined LFPF solely to give me gear he found. He just wanted it to go to a user. Not the landfill.

    Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    You're right, it does work for some. Especially Fire-Sale items.

    You may be surprised where some of these items are going.

    By the way, I have been sold an item on this forum by an innocuous-sounding person/username, only to have the item show up marked as having been sold by a well-known dealer. One that was a member here and posted under other usernames. I'll let you figure out the rest.
    sin eater

  5. #25
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    7,221

    Re: Clarification of FS/WTB bumping rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    One that was a member here and posted under other usernames.
    Posting here under multiple usernames is a violation of Forum guidelines. If you are aware of someone who is doing that, please report it, with supporting evidence.

  6. #26
    Corran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    North GA Mountains
    Posts
    7,074

    Re: Clarification of FS/WTB bumping rules

    I certainly appreciate the folks selling low to get gear into the hands of users. Been on both sides of that equation.

    Edit: Oren, I wish I would've kept the supporting evidence. This was a couple of years ago now and I was in the middle of a lot of other things and never got around to mentioning it to you (I fully intended to do so). It seems others have seen/noticed it so perhaps they will talk to you about it further.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

  7. #27
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    7,221

    Re: Clarification of FS/WTB bumping rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    Yes some know whom, he should be banned as a business.
    Small businesses are expressly allowed under the guidelines that have been in effect for three years now.

  8. #28
    Tin Can's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    12,552

    Re: Clarification of FS/WTB bumping rules

    I thought there was a $100,000 yearly sales limit.

    If that was lifted then I have nothing to say.

    Quote Originally Posted by Oren Grad View Post
    Small businesses are expressly allowed under the guidelines that have been in effect for three years now.
    sin eater

  9. #29
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    7,221

    Re: Clarification of FS/WTB bumping rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    I thought there was a $100,000 yearly sales limit.

    If that was lifted then I have nothing to say.
    From the guidelines:

    No for-sale postings by retail establishments with more than $1,000,000 in annual revenues.

    The revenue limit has not been changed since this went into effect three years ago.

  10. #30
    Tin Can's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    12,552

    Re: Clarification of FS/WTB bumping rules

    and it was so

    Peace


    Quote Originally Posted by Oren Grad View Post
    From the guidelines:

    No for-sale postings by retail establishments with more than $1,000,000 in annual revenues.

    The revenue limit has not been changed since this went into effect three years ago.
    sin eater

Similar Threads

  1. Bumping in the Classifieds
    By Leigh in forum Feedback
    Replies: 131
    Last Post: 21-Jun-2015, 15:44
  2. Rule Change - Bumping
    By Ralph Barker in forum News
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 31-Mar-2015, 14:11
  3. Replies: 42
    Last Post: 29-Apr-2012, 12:09

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •