Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Clarification of FS/WTB bumping rules

Re: Clarification of FS/WTB bumping rules

Correct. It has been a while since I last posted. Thus I was really 'surprised' by what I saw...
    When I "Logged-in" -- Earlier this afternoon.
    --
    I of course was not complaining. Just making a couple of 'observations' and comments Re: Some of the Forum Posts
    ("Nothing More and Nothing Less!").
    --
    However...

Did you look at the FS/FT Forum today? I couldn't help but notice the 'Rapid Decline' in the Number of individuals viewing that 'specific' Forum:

>> For Sale/For Trade (10 Viewing). <<

Did you count the Number of 'Today's Posts'? You could read them all in 5 Minutes (and still have time to spare).
    It was 'factual' points like these... That led me to the 'Ghostown' observation.
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Galli View Post
    Agree. If it's so painful for everyone, shut it down. The "concession" hasn't worked.
    As other Forum Members have observed; 'perhaps' the changes that were made three years ago...
    Were not in the best interest -- For the 'Long-term' vitality of this Forum?

I have posted WTB ages ago with no responses yet, kind of just gets lost in there. Strange that you cannot have a discussion in the threads either, other forums allow that and members can pitch in and assist. Very different here...
    The Container Lab
    www.thecontainerlab.com/blog

Eric Woodbury

When we had discussions here long ago, the first couple were generally okay, then people got lost in the weeds. And folks would take jabs. It was annoying. Better now, not perfect, but better.

Quote Originally Posted by calebarchie View Post
    I have posted WTB ages ago with no responses yet, kind of just gets lost in there. Strange that you cannot have a discussion in the threads either, other forums allow that and members can pitch in and assist. Very different here...
    Y'know, it could be that no one wants to sell what you expressed an interest in buying. That is, no one who noticed your request had the thing(s) to sell.

I don't follow the WTB section so I don't know whether you stated the price you'd pay. If you offered way below market that may have put off people who have the item(s) you wanted to buy.

If something doesn't sell in 3 weeks, I close the thread and delete the price, I don't say it was sold.

6 months later it sells without a bump.

I do check WTB occasionally but seldom have what people want.
    sin eater

The "For Sale" thread is a mere shadow of its former self ... sad ... and a loss for sellers and buyers.