Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arca-Swiss Discovery - New Version of It?

Re: Arca-Swiss Discovery - New Version of It?

Done! Thanks

Anyone have any thoughts on the F-field vs F-Classic in terms of range of movements? Are the smaller movements of the F-field negligible?

Andrej Gregov

The classic will provide more rise/fall movements than the 110 sized front standard on the field. If you plan to shoot mostly architecture, then the classic may be the better choice. If mostly landscape, I would probably choose the field version. It'll be the lightest. With respect to axial tilt versus base tilt earlier in the thread, I would try to pick up a camera with the orbix axial geared movement. It works super with the lenses you like (90mm, 150mm). However, with longer lenses (300mm and 450mm for example), I find axial tilt not that helpful. I almost always have to use base tilt to get the forground in focus for long lenses. With respect to the leather bellows, it'll work great with 90mm-300mm lenses. I wouldn't use it for shorter lenses than 90mm or longer like 450mm--you'll need specialized bellows in that case. I'd work with Rod in the event you need specialized bellows solutions. Final thing you might want to consider, if you plan on shooting in urban environments, you might want to pick up a viewing bellows. It's basically a leather bellows with a 2X viewing magnifier built into it. It saves you from having to go under a darkcloth. I use it all the time in both landscape and urban situations. I like it much better than a standard darkcloth as I don't have to wear reading glasses. And I can keep an eye on my equipment.

Wonderful, great advice Andrej! Thank you.