Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to LF

Re: New to LF

Quote Originally Posted by Steve C View Post

Hey rainymac. Can't imagine there would be that many. Less is more though

I'm loving it too because just restraining myself a bit cos of the price of film. That bit hurts!
    Hey Steve, yes LF is like a money pit if you're not careful. The cost of film is a constraint but I decided I'd only do B&W unless there are extraordinary circumstances which justify the cost of colour. I'm doing my own developing and will contact print for the time being as my enlarger only handles up to medium format and I don't have an appropriate scanner. It's a compromise. All told it has made my approach more considered and reflective. Enjoy.

Make full use of the amazing info on the forum. There is a wealth of information from very experienced and generous people. ��
    Last edited by Rainymac; 2-May-2019 at 23:32. Reason: Additional comment

I decided recently that I needed to shoot a lot more than I have been shooting. I have been using FP4, HP5, and more recently Bergger Panchro and none of those are cheap. I bought some Arista Edu and it is priced so that I can do more experimentation without feeling that my wallet is crawling under a duck (I stole that from Raymond Chandler). So far, it seems to be a very good film. Give it a whirl and save some money.

where is possible to see some large format photos?

Les

Welcome to LF forum. I'm almost in Canada, does that count ? Anyway, I'm bit jealous since you have 560 natl parks and we have few over 50. I guess I'll have to descend on that place of yours soon.

Les