Thread: Bored on a Sunday morning

Bored on a Sunday morning

My favourite past time when I'm not shooting LF
    Chamonix 8x10 HP5+ Kowa Graphic 360mm wide open at f9 1/30......I love the way this lens makes the subject pop wide open. Developed in D76 for 7 minutes

Neil
    Come and see what I have done up and until now at www.neilsphotography.co.uk

Re: Bored on a Sunday morning

Neil: That bike looks race ready! What kind of riding do you do when not out photographing or in the darkroom?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Lewin View Post
    Neil: That bike looks race ready! What kind of riding do you do when not out photographing or in the darkroom?
    Peter
    I just ride for fun. Try to get out 2 to 3 times a week averaging 60 to 80 klicks at a time.
    Come and see what I have done up and until now at www.neilsphotography.co.uk

Fascinating, if a bit unnerving, that the bicycle is apparently balanced without support. I presume there is a block under the hidden far pedal, but the illusion is good.

Nice bike, now where was it you said you lived
    http://www.photographerbrisbane.com

Sweeeet bike. I've had about 45 bikes in last 35+ years of riding. I regret selling each one when I do. My biggest regret was an 80's Somec. I've kept a pre 80's Gios Torino with the GT cutout on BB and SR/NR parts, pantogram part.

These days I do ultra-distance mostly with an 80's steel bike and DT shifters. People be like huh? You don't need Di2 on 200mile+ rides. You just need something that you can fix in middle of night when fingers are cold and it's dark.

My goto bike right now is a Moots, sort of half custom. Moots aren't off the shelf, you can't just buy one, you need to order one and there's about 1/2 a dozen people weld it together.

Safe rides! Today, i'm taking a rest day so maybe I do the same with my bike. (take a pic)
    --

I just bought my wife a Huffy one-speed for her birthday, the type I learned to ride as a child. Speaking of balance, my brother's HS classmate could sit balanced on a stationary bike all day. I would have lasted about two seconds. Great shot, Neil!