Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: My Dream lens.

Re: My Dream lens.

Quote Originally Posted by Tri Tran View Post
    Here's a portrait of my friend with 18in.

What do you know? It works for portraits too!

Nice portrait!

Montreal , Canada. Los Angeles, California

Still life .10 1/2 in on 8x10 with Xray.

Tri -- those are all beautiful but hard to tell how they compare to currently available lenses.

How about a couple of side-by-side comparison shots with your prototype and a standard soft focus lens?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Graves View Post
    Tri -- those are all beautiful but hard to tell how they compare to currently available lenses.

How about a couple of side-by-side comparison shots with your prototype and a standard soft focus lens?
    I know what you mean Jim. Quite some work for me but I will see what I can do . Thanks for the suggestion.

Ridge route creek
    8x10in Platinum Palladium contact print
    TT 18in Pictorial lens
    Xray double sided negative

When are you going to give us information about the lens?

Hi Dan.
    I don't have anything for you at the moment because the lens prototype is being made. You are more then welcome to sign up your name and contact info on my website so I can keep you updated when the lens will be introduced. Thank you.

Hi Dan.
    I don't have anything for you at the moment because the lens prototype is being made. You are more then welcome to sign up your name and contact info on my website so I can keep you updated when the lens will be introduced. Thank you.
    A little too mysterious for me - but good luck with your enterprise!

Hi Dan.
    If the prototype hasn't been built, what have you been shooting with? More serioiusly, I don't want to see a picture of the completed lens, I want to see the lens' cross-section to see which design type it is.

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

I will chime in here if I may. I've been asked to test this lens for Tri. The current lens is housed in a PVC barrel and is a single meniscus lens of Tri's design and is manufactured to his specifications. Be patient everyone as something new takes time. You can't design and make a barrel housing in a couple of weeks. This will be done first class. There will be many options available and we are trying our best to make it affordable for the community. If you have noticed there is no Kickstarter going here. Tri has invested in this and when it is ready we will show everyone.

As far as a cross section I don't know why? It is a single meniscus lens in a barrel that can screw into a Copal 3 shutter or we may have one available with an Iris, rather simple design. If you want to know about the lens design you will have to buy one and reverse engineer it or pay a lot of money to find out from Tri! We are working out the details and there are many. We want to get it right from the beginning.

Most of you want to see the images and Tri has posted several beautiful images. Because I'm a carbon printer I post prints only and it takes me time to get them done. I'm using a 24" lens right now on my 14x17 and I can tell you it looks beautiful on the ground glass. I hope to post some prints soon.

We are relying on outside sources for fabrication and as always they are taking longer than quoted. So hang in there please. This is not mysterious and if you know anything about trying a new lens out a PVC barrel makes sense. I'm surprised that this was not obvious. Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks a lot.