Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DIY 5 1/2 x 14 'cause, why not

Re: DIY 5 1/2 x 14 'cause, why not

Are you going to notch the one sheet?
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    Are you going to notch the one sheet?
    I don't think I'll have to. The film has rounded corners, once cut only two will be rounded, two square cut. I'll just load them all the same since it's two sided film. I doubt I'll ever buy any other type of film, I have over two hundred sheets of the stuff left over from owning an 11x14 camera.
    Rick Allen

Argentum Aevum

practicing Pastafarian

Thought I'd give an update on my camera build. I started cutting the parts for the body and front frame. That's as far as I got. Shortly after I posted about the build, Karen went to visit her son, I stayed home because we are in the middle of a remodel and needed to deal with the contractor. Second day into her visit, she was clearing weeds beside the fish pond when a stray german shepherd wandered into the yard and stood beside her watching. She reached over to pet the damned thing when it grabbed her by the hand and started dragging her through the yard. She fought it off, but not before almost losing a couple of fingers on her right hand and suffering severe bites to the left. The dog ran off. Karen ended up in the hospital for 9 days, several rounds of rabies shots (we still haven't located the dog or owner). She had to have surgery on her right hand to repair the damaged fingers, total of 59 stitches between both hands, and a skin graft to replace lost flesh. I haven't had time to pick the project back up.
    Rick Allen

Argentum Aevum

practicing Pastafarian

Whoa, that is tragic.

We will her well.

Here we have feral cats. I wonder about them.
    Tin Can

Sorry to hear that, Rick. I hope her recovery is quick and successful. Dang...I'd reach over to pet the dog, too.
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

Wow Rick, please pass on our best wishes to Karen and we hope she has the best recovery possible.

Just goes to show how an innocent and thoughtful act can turn bad in the blink of an eye.

Mike

Oh my gosh, that's awful! I hope she recovers fully and quickly.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Thanks guys. My first inclination would have been to pet the dog too. Karen's hands are quite sore and she's attending therapy sessions. All this is quite costly, home owners insurance won't cover it, our regular health care insurance is, but not all. We sure would love to find the dogs owners to make them pay for all the expenses. What scares us the most, what if it was a child that was attacked, it would be brutal possibly fatal.
    Rick Allen

Argentum Aevum

practicing Pastafarian

Rick, best wishes to both your wife and yourself. There's a psychological trauma that goes with the physical damage... as well as the financial troubles.
    Hope everything heals up quickly... and get back to your wild project when you're ready. I'm sure you'll remember to share your results when you have them... looking forward to that.

Rick, best wishes to both your wife and yourself. There's a psychological trauma that goes with the physical damage... as well as the financial troubles.
    Hope everything heals up quickly... and get back to your wild project when you're ready. I'm sure you'll remember to share your results when you have them... looking forward to that.