Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jobo CPP2 Motor Malfunction

Jim Korpi

Exclamation Jobo CPP2 Motor Malfunction

Hello all.
    I've tried searching the forum to find solutions to my problem, but my search turned up 164 pages of results, none of which I have found a solution.
    I have a JOBO CPP2 processor. All things work on it aside from the motor. It worked up until a little while back. I put on a 2000-series tank with fluid in it, it spun a few times and then stopped completely.
    I read through manuals and repair guides and decided I should have a look at fuses... I opened up the unit and found the motor fuse blown. I changed the fuse, plugged it in and the fuse blew instantly.
    I called Catlabs and someone over there said it could be the two motor "DC regulators" on the board. I'm forgetting if they said "DC regulators" or "DC" something else. I could not find any reference to any "DC" motor... in the manual or repair guide.
    Have any of you had an issue like this? If so, did you figure it out? I've heard folks say to hook the motor up to an power supply to test it out, but I wouldn't know how to do so safely. Any thoughts?
    Curiously,
    Jim

Re: Jobo CPP2 Motor Malfunction

I don't know how to correct your problem, but it sounds as if you overloaded the motor, which then burned out. Ifit was the original motor, i am pretty sure that's your main problem. Why the fuse blew after changing is another problem. Two alternatives: 1) find a small motor repair person and take it to them, 2) have the motor rewound.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Noel View Post
    I don't know how to correct your problem, but it sounds as if you overloaded the motor, which then burned out. Ifit was the original motor, i am pretty sure that's your main problem. Why the fuse blew after changing is another problem. Two alternatives: 1) find a small motor repair person and take it to them, 2) have the motor rewound.
    I had my motor fail. I searched eBay and purchased a 12v reversible motor from China that was a straight swap it only cost £12. Can not recall who I bought it off but you will find hundreds if you search.

Quote Originally Posted by GoodOldNorm View Post
    I had my motor fail. I searched eBay and purchased a 12v reversible motor from China that was a straight swap it only cost £12. Can not recall who I bought it off but you will find hundreds if you search.
    I've heard Jobo motors are just surplus German Car windshield wiper motors, so it probably is possible to find a new one with the same specs for little money.

Jim Korpi

Any thoughts on how I can figure out if my motor is in fact dead? The folks at Catlabs said it is VERY unlikely that the motor would go on this unit. Again, they said it would most likely be some sort of DC motor regulator on the board. I have no idea where these would be.

It is a 24v motor not 12v as I posted previously, the original motors were Bosch windscreen wiper motors. The purple wire + positive the orange wire - negative.the motor I purchased was 37mm 24v DC 60rpm replacement torque gear box motor from. EBay user xyfs-us

Great info!

It is a 24v motor not 12v as I posted previously, the original motors were Bosch windscreen wiper motors. The purple wire + positive the orange wire - negative.the motor I purchased was 37mm 24v DC 60rpm replacement torque gear box motor from. EBay user xyfs-us
    does anyone know if this fits other (CPA2) Jobo units?

The motor describe above doesn’t look like it would be a straight swap for my CPP2.
    Curious to how you got that fitted. Did you canablize the motor and use just the guts?
    The open cpp2 that I checked was a later one with an upgraded motor, maybe the first gen cpp2 might accept that motor more easily.

Quote Originally Posted by mikey1two View Post
    The motor describe above doesn’t look like it would be a straight swap for my CPP2.
    Curious to how you got that fitted. Did you canablize the motor and use just the guts?
    The open cpp2 that I checked was a later one with an upgraded motor, maybe the first gen cpp2 might accept that motor more easily.
    not at home at the moment but i will upload some pics next week