Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Desk installation has begun

Desk installation has begun

Installation under way however, granite guy went mia today so it only got partially installed.

These are the drawers. They are 34x42 outer dimensions are somewhat bigger.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 850E2293-6B80-453F-A3E9-861266530B65.jpg  

Re: Desk installation has begun

Sweet!
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

Do or do not. There is no try.

Is that a custom setup? Where did you get it?

Wow that is some serious looking print storage unit.... jealous beyond belief

Beautiful looking drawer unit! I assume it was custom made and fairly recently completed. Perhaps you have already thought of this, but are the insides of the drawers finished? If so I strongly recommend that you leave the drawers open, or even better remove them so that whatever finish was used can dry and cure completely before you use them for storing prints. The solvents in all finishes, even waterborne, are detrimental to silver gelatin paper. They continue to out-gas for quite a while—weeks, months? And if they are not finished the glues in plywood, which I assume was used at least in the bottom of the drawers also out-gases... Drew Wiley I think would be the resident expert on this. Please be careful

Richard Wasserman

https://www.rwasserman.com/

Custom made with all Maple wood. Yes insides are finished and glass smooth. The finis is satin. The wood is natural finish no stains used. Hopefully the granite guy will show up so the desk can be completed. Being in AZ the outgassing will be short lived too. I got the granite for a steal at 250 bucks for a slab that will end up at 130 in x 60 in with a honed finish.

I assume you removed the roof and lifted it into place on the second floor using a helicopter?

Because I can't imagine how something that massive and heavy was moved into that room otherwise!

Quote Originally Posted by Audii-Dudii View Post
    I assume you removed the roof and lifted it into place on the second floor using a helicopter?

Because I can't imagine how something that massive and heavy was moved into that room otherwise!
    Well, one can at least bring the drawers in sideways. (Not sure about the rest of it.)

Quote Originally Posted by Audii-Dudii View Post

My stair case is wide and I have a tri-panel patio door that, when open is almost as wide as half the side of the house.

Nice looking flat files. I have ugly metal ones that came out of Sun Micro Systems. Very functional but not near as classy as yours. A friend of mine bought a house that has a cherry library with nice flat files. He lined them with buffered mat board for storing his silver and platinum prints. Your right though the out gassing should go pretty quick with the low humidity here in Az.

Roger