Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LFPF Hall of Fame Proposal Discussion

Re: LFPF Hall of Fame Proposal Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    No -- don't like the idea.

Helping others is not a competition and the last thing this place needs is a personality contest.

Hear, hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Pfsor View Post
    I gladly refuse any nomination of my person as I think it could severely damage my CV.
    Is that another version of "I would never want to be in a club that would accept members like me."?
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

No -- don't like the idea.

Helping others is not a competition and the last thing this place needs is a personality contest.
    +1

loujon

Is that another version of "I would never want to be in a club that would accept members like me."?
    I'm I correct that this comment was made by Groucho Marks in an interview he gave way back when?

Just a sincere sombre premonition (intellectually evaluated).

OTOH, if the idea was supported by many members... then... I would not hesitate to nominate... its author! Why?
    Heck, frankly, I mean that anybody with that number of posts (and growing!) on this forum must be an hors pair photographer, don't you think?

Is the proposal to nominate any LF photographer (alive or not) to a LF Hall of Fame, or only members of this forum?

Rip

Quote Originally Posted by pfsor View Post
    otoh, if the idea was supported by many members... Then... I would not hesitate to nominate... Its author! Why?
    Heck, frankly, i mean that anybody with that number of posts (and growing!) on this forum must be an hors pair photographer, don't you think?
    Tin Can

What perhaps it could make sense is a Hall of Fame with large format photographers active (say) pre 1990 that made an amazing contribution to the aesthetics or to the technique or that simply made a remarkable artistic career.

Two names are easy to say, AA and YK, but it can start with pioneers like Niépce and Daguerre, glass designers like Paul Rudolph, Joseph Petzval and Carl Friedrich Gauss, and awesome artists like Stieglitz or the Westons. This would cover principal innovations like wet and dry plates, lumieres... Talbot, Eastman...

And perhaps we may add an small sample of present artists like Sexton and Mann that with very different styles they show the aesthetic resources that have evolved through time.

The hall can be illustrated with selected images that were important in the LF history, and enriched with a debate about the contributions from each subject.

A bit this would show LF newcomers how the whole thing was crafted and what resources are available.

I feel that with digitalization something has been lost in translation, perhaps it would be great to gather main factors of that LF subculture in Hall of Fame.

Papi, why? How would having a hall of fame improve anyone's life, or even photography? Its just another excuse for pointless interminable wrangles.