Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rodenstock Apo Ronar 600mm f/9 coverage

Re: Rodenstock Apo Ronar 600mm f/9 coverage

Quote Originally Posted by pepeguitarra View Post
    I understand you are already using Harman Positive paper in your studio. My question is: Are your customers OK with having their image reversed?
    No problem at all, I told them about that and nobody cares, or better, I suggest them not to put on a t shirt or something with some writings, and mainly they follow my advice but some customers don't care about writings too, they are mainly attracted by the fact the the print is unique, the same happens when I do wet collodion portraits...

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    Doesn't the reversed portrait more closely resemble a mirror image?
    Interesting point !

+1

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    a Symmar Convertible
    You mentioned that you are to use strobes... With ancient shutters you may have a problem, sometimes the shutter may not fire the flash. Today's strobes feed a very low voltage to the PC connector and a thin oxide layer in the inner contacts may not allow the signal to pass. In the past a way higher voltage was used and the oxid layer insulation was always broken.

If this happens then a simple interface circuit can be placed in the middle, it will boost the voltage feeding the PC connector, with that solution the firing will never fail.

I have a boat-anchor of a Ronar-CL 600/f9. What a beast! Never have used it. The 24" Red Dot Artar has been fine for 8x10 and 11x14 at a fraction of the weight.

All my carbon printed images are reversed...I try to stay away from icons such as Half Dome.
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

Quote Originally Posted by Pere Casals View Post
    You mentioned that you are to use strobes... With ancient shutters you may have a problem, sometimes the shutter may not fire the flash. Today's strobes feed a very low voltage to the PC connector and a thin oxide layer in the inner contacts may not allow the signal to pass. In the past a way higher voltage was used and the oxid layer insulation was always broken.

If this happens then a simple interface circuit can be placed in the middle, it will boost the voltage feeding the PC connector, with that solution the firing will never fail.
    Thank you for pointed that out, yes I definitely use strobes and I have to take into account this aspect too...if I think about image circles and modern shutter the "perfect" lens would be the Fujinon 600C, but they are way toooooo expensive for me...

Anyone has info about the Zeiss Jena Apo Germinar 750mm f/9? I found one for 450 euros...

Tin Can