Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Musings on landscape photography from a landscape ecologist's point of view

Drew Wiley

Re: Musings on landscape photography from a landscape ecologist's point of view

Sorry, photographic rendition of a sense of time, apparently? If so, good sailing!

Dear Drew,

I am absolutely unable to understand what you want to say.

Please excuse me, perhaps it is because I am not a native English speaker: everything you write sounds confused to me.

I think that you think that I think something about you. But I don't even know you, and I don't want to be forced to think about somebody as well as I don't want to be hated as a parasite only because of my profession.

Of course I don't know whether you are a great artist with a great education or not. I live on the other side of the world, so you are completely unknown to me (as well as many others). Living in Europe I know that many of the artists in neighbour countries are unknown to me, too.

I told the OP about some things I experienced here in Switzerland, concerning art and science. But I don't have neither the force nor the patience to follow or participe mock debates.

So please don't get discouraged and don't worry - I am leaving this "discussion" now.

Thanks, D.

Drew Wiley

Yes, me too. But I wonder if I've been a bit culturally insensitive and it has led to misunderstanding. I sometimes express things in a strong manner which is not intended to offend, but stimulate thought and brisk conversation; and that kind of habit can potentially get lost in translation, so to speak. Thanks for your patience, Daniel.