Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Just acquired a Pentax Spot meter with Zone V Conversion

Drew Wiley

Re: Just acquired a Pentax Spot meter with Zone V Conversion

If you want an average meter, it would not read in EV numbers, but in A,B,C,D,F, with the center mark on C.

Fred Picker was a good friend for many years, and I loved him dearly. I taught some of his workshops. But toward the end of his life, he said some things that were jst plain wrong. Exposing for highlights is only for reversal film, like transparencies. For everything else, that's just not the way it works, no matter what Fred said. Highlights respond to development; shadows do not. The easiest book for beginners is Minor White's.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Nestler View Post
    Fred Picker was a good friend for many years, and I loved him dearly. I taught some of his workshops. But toward the end of his life, he said some things that were jst plain wrong. Exposing for highlights is only for reversal film, like transparencies. For everything else, that's just not the way it works, no matter what Fred said. Highlights respond to development; shadows do not. The easiest book for beginners is Minor White's.
    “The New Zone System Manual” is, in my opinion, the best book out there about controlled exposure and development. Ansel’s is more well known but it has a lot of fluff and backdoor bragging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -Chris