Thread: Horseman 45HF question

Horseman 45HF question

Hi!
    I just got a Horseman 45HF, but can't find any manual for it, almost everything is the same as on the FA and HD, got manuals for them so no problem with that, but if anyone is sitting on a pdf manual or know where I can buy one it would be nice to have.

One question though, I know the HF does not have a rotating back, but I thought the back could be changed from horizontal to vertical, but it looks like the back is fixed, is that correct ? it's no big deal, just curious.

Mikael

Re: Horseman 45HF question

Quote Originally Posted by magiclight View Post
    but it looks like the back is fixed
    You're right, but there isn't a problem with mounting a quick release on the side--it takes a bit of getting used to transposing movements when the camera is in "portrait" orientation, but otherwise the HF is a great camera.

Speaking of links, here's one I've found very useful in putting my kit together:

http://www.kenko-pi.co.jp/horseman/e/lens_list.html

Just a note: since the HF is even smaller than the FA/HD, the only lens I know of that can be kept mounted while the camera is folded is the Apo-Sironar N 135/5.6--a great little lens, though.

Great lens list, thanks.

Just a note: since the HF is even smaller than the FA/HD, the only lens I know of that can be kept mounted while the camera is folded is the Apo-Sironar N 135/5.6--a great little lens, though.
    I have an old Wollensak (optar?) 90mm f/6.8 that folds up nicely in my HF as well as a Steinheil 135mm in a compur shutter which folds up nicely inside.

For portrait orientation, as mentioned, there is a tripod mount hole in the side although focusing can be kind of awkward if you're accustomed the landscape orientation. This is a nice lightweight package that I've taken hiking. I decided to take my lightweight tripod because I figured if I use it for my Canon 1DS Mark III, it would be ok for the HF.

There are 4 tripod mount holes, top, bottom, side and finally one under the bed so no problem there