Quote Originally Posted by Tim V View Post
PS Paul, I forgot to ask. Have you tried Pancro with Xtol? I'm wondering how you found it, and if for the combinations mentioned you developed per Bergger's recommendations for time etc.

My issue at the moment is that I'm about to transition from tray processing using PMK to Jobo processing in expert drums, so PMK is out and if I want to stay with pyro stain the Pyrocat-HD makes the most sense. I like the idea of making duel purpose negatives that I can use for both silver VC and later UV processes. Anyway, this has me thinking it might be time to experiment to find a new combination I like to supplement or, if it's really to my taste, replace HP5+. As I said above, I've seen examples posted from Pancro I really like and enjoy supporting the small manufacturers with business where I can, but the product has to be both reliable and high quality. Bergger's papers are great, so have been wondering about Pancro.
Hi Tim.
I have to check to be sure, but I am certain I have processed 120 rolls of Pancro 400 in Xtol and probably done some 8X10 sheets in Xtol as well. If I have only done it occasionally its because I switched from Rodinal early on and went straight to either PMK (in trays) or BER49 (A repackaging of Atomal 49) which I much prefer. I think Xtol would be a perfectly reasonable choice for Pancro 400, but because it seems Xtol restrains highlight development, it may not get you negatives that are good for UV processes. You might want to find something else if you want good negs for Alt UV printing.

If you want to try Pancro 400 for yourself, but don't want to dive straight in to a full box of sheets (now priced at about $125 per 25), then I will gladly send you a few sheets of 8X10 to try for yourself. I stocked up on 8x10 Pancro in 2017 so I have a few boxes of it, and I can certainly spare 4 or 5 sheets for you to try out. Just reimburse me the cost of mailing and we're good. PM me if you're interested.