Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Soft Focus Lens With Shutter for Zone VI 4x5

Re: Soft Focus Lens With Shutter for Zone VI 4x5

How beautifully put, Bernice! That is how I have approached every other step of photography, and I hope to do the same here.

I think, as adults, we forget it is okay to fail in the attempt to create art. Failing is just part of the process. I've done a lot of it already!

Some portrait lenses envelop a sharp subject with ethereal halos. Others can produce exaggerated blur rendition behind a sharp subject.

Here's an image made with a 180mm f/5.6 Fujinon SFS, a comparatively modern soft focus design which comes mounted in a modern shutter and will fit easily on your Zone V camera. (See brochure here).

Wide open it gives a modest halo effect, but if we stop it down a bit the halos go away and we're left with a lens which transitions from sharp to soft more quickly than a typical lens.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Lee View Post
    Some portrait lenses envelop a sharp subject with ethereal halos. Others can produce exaggerated blur rendition behind a sharp subject.

Here's an image made with a 180mm f/5.6 Fujinon SFS, a comparatively modern soft focus design which comes mounted in a modern shutter and will fit easily on your Zone V camera. (See brochure here).

Wide open it gives a modest halo effect, but if we stop it down a bit the halos go away and we're left with a lens which transitions from sharp to soft more quickly than a typical lens.
    As does the Imagon, with the smallest disk with all holes closed it is extremely sharp,