Thread: Need help with gravity works print washer

Need help with gravity works print washer

I purchased a 20x24 gravity works print washer. It is missing all hoses and I can't find instructions on plumbing it or operating. There are three connections two on one side and one on the other, I am including pictures.
    any pictures of one properly connected would be great. Also any operating advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    John
    www.timeandlight.com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1125.jpg   IMG_1124.jpg  
    Last edited by John Brady; 16-Mar-2019 at 16:30.

Re: Need help with gravity works print washer

I have a smaller version, but they connect the same. The single hose is the inlet, connect this to your incoming water. The other two are your outlets, the smaller one should have a hose clamp on it to regulate the flow of water out of the washer, the top is just the overflow outlet. You clamp the small hose completely to allow the washer to fill up, then you relax it a notch or two to let some water flow out while the overflow water also comes out the large hose. Theoretically this lets the hypo saturated water out the bottom of the washer while the excess flows out the top as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Davis View Post
    I have a smaller version, but they connect the same.
    Thanks Greg, that confirms what I could figure out and more. So, I would assume the washer should be located higher than my drain? I don't have the clamp so I will hook a ball valve up to control it.
    Do you need to shut off the overflow initially or leave it open?

I found something in an old article that discusses a t-valve on the water inlet?

John
    www.timeandlight.com

It is meant to be outside of the sink, so it will need to be higher than the drain. It is unnecessary to block the overflow hose, water will only flow through it when the washer is full.