Thread: Hello all

Hello all

Hi all,

I hope I'm posting this correctly... Just wanted to introduce myself as a new member here. I'm a photographer of many years. I got started in medium format with 120 a long time ago with a Rolleiflex, before upgrading to a Hasselblad. I made the leap to large format a few years ago with a 4x5 that I enjoy. I recently made the bigger leap to 8x10 with a Toyo G. It's glaring at me with a big 300mm eye from across the room, just daring me to take it out for the first time once the warmer weather arrives this spring. This thing doesn't bite, does it?

Re: Hello all

Hello! Don't worry big cameras don't bite but they do sometimes draw a crowd.

Welcome -- they only bite the wallet...hee, hee!
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

Quote Originally Posted by Lens Carrier View Post
    with a Rolleiflex, before upgrading to a Hasselblad.
    Debatable if that was an upgrade, or more like a sideways move (or dare I say downgrade? ;-) LOL

welcome and have fun with LF.

Welcome, to my friend LC!
    I dream in black and white.

Thanks everyone! Mike introduced me to this forum, him and I are going on a landscape shoot of the Hudson River Pallisades today. Vaughn, you're right about the wallet I noticed it was lighter after I bought the Toyo. I got it for a nice price even though Mike explained its more a studio camera instead a field camera. We will keep it close to the car!

It helps to have sense of humor in life

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    Welcome -- they only bite the wallet...hee, hee!

Yeah I guess it does... maybe I can tell that to my better half when I start paying for bigger film. bigger lenses and bigger everything else that goes with 8x10 instead of 4x5

Welcome aboard!
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

If you really want to learn about wallet biting then ask Vaughn about his 11x14!

Welcome to the forum. We are glad to have you!